Back from vacation for a day...

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I had a sitter giving Gordy his shots.

She didn't fill his autofeeder properly *ANGER* despite the CLEAR instructions I gave her, so he had low numbers Friday... We actually skipped a shot.

His numbers did interesting things. I am getting way lower PMPS numbers right now (I had her only give 1U if he was under 300... since no one would be home.)

Is this weird???

(Sitter also managed to put a hole in his ear *anger resurfaces* After this vacation, I will find someone else... if I can afford it.)

2. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

Next time ask the vet if they know of someone. Sometimes the vet techs will pet sit to earn extra $. You can try other vets if your vet doesn't have anyone.

3. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I couldn't afford anyone else. this chick was a vet tech, so I was surprised she lacked the ability to read....

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I trained a friend to look after my sugar when I had to go away for a week. While there are lots of great pet sitters out there, I think having someone close to you, if possible, sometimes works better than "paid" sitters. I gave my friend a gift for her time and exemplary care of my all my furkids, including my sugar girl. A friend or relative truly appreciates how precious that ball of fur is to you and will follow instructions to the letter. Paid help tends to work on the basis of their own "perceived" expertise rather than your instructions, be on a time schedule (do only what is needed and leave) and in their rush, will not "waste" time, applying pressure after testing or double checking a feeder. There is also the possibility that kitty, not knowing the pet sitter nearly as well as they can get to know and accept a friend, may not eat as well while you are away or be less co-operative about testing.

I remember picking my girl up from the vet's one day and finding a huge scab of blood on her ear, evidence that they are in a rush and don't take the care like we do. She now has a scarred area on her ear. Found out they were using a needle instead of a lancet to test. Needless to say, I had a little discussion about that with the vet and now take and insist on them using the lancet device when testing my baby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.