? Back from vacation - need dosing advice

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Panic, Oct 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Just got back a few days ago from a 10 day trip, Panic did wonderfully with her sitter, very thankful for all the advice from the board over figuring out her vacation dose!

Prior to the trip she was on 1.4u, had the sitter give her 1.2u while I was gone. Overall she stayed in the yellows/pinks for pre-shots, there were a couple reds but overall not too bad. My sitter did not get any mid-cycles.

I kept her on the 1.2u for a couple days after I returned home but she seemed to be going up so I bumped her back to 1.4u. Her numbers don't seem to be improving but I don't think she needs an increase...should I have held the 1.2u longer?

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome home. Hope you had a great relaxing vacation!

I have to wonder if Panic is going lower at night than you are seeing. Is there any way you can get a +4 or +5 one night to see what Panic is up to? Looks like her nadir is often around +5/6 so getting a test a bit later on the night cycle might provide a clue as to whether she is dropping more at night and possibly bouncing. It's also possible that she is eating more normally now than while you were away and is going to need a little increase to push her numbers down.

Panic likes this.
  3. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Thank you, it was a lot less stressful than I thought it was going to be xD

I was wondering how much she was dipping at night, like last night at +3 she was 217, I wanted to get a +6 or something to peek but forgot to set my alarm. I'll shoot for a night reading tonight then and see what she's up to, thanks Linda. :) Yes, they said she had quite an appetite but there were a few nights where she didn't touch her feeder. I'm actually working on cutting back her portions; now that she's back at her ideal weight there's probably about an extra 3oz she needs to stop eating.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  4. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

So sneaking in some late tests this week, she's not dropping into very low numbers, just some mid-blues during the night. Today I thought she was going to have a lovely cycle (well, she did) with a AMPS of 229 and dropping down into 120s, but by PMPS she was at 427. Admittedly she got her shot a half hour late due to Daylight Savings Time tweaking, but I'm disappointed it was that high. There's just so many pinks and reds for AM/PMPS ... :arghh:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Except --- it looks like Panic heard you and the bounce broke.

6. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

I KNOW! She apparently likes to wait until I'm stressed out to make changes! :confused: Was she just on a trampoline for a solid week??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.