Baco OTJ today!!!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Ruby&Baco, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

Baco has been OTJ since 5/31 and today is the 14th day of her being OTJ.:p
    I can't be happier.:woot:
    I want to thank everyone who've helped Baco and me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!
    (please forgive me if I forget to tag someone)

@Robin&BB @Rachel @Sue and Oliver (GA) @Bobbie And Bubba @Tuxedo Mom @Sharon14 @Sarah Smith @Marlena @Marje and Gracie @Elizabeth and Bertie @dana moore @Critter Mom @Carol & Murphy @billysmom (GA)

Thank you all sooooooooooooooo much for you support, you're loving words and getting me out of those frustrating times:banghead::banghead:, and giving me advice and tips. Love you all soooooooo much!
    Baco does too, she is loving her OTJ party!!!:woot::woot::otj::otj:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Robin&BB, BJM, Sharon14 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What's on top of his raw food? Now remember Ruby, once a diabetic cat she is still considered a diabetic cat but she is just in remission now. So, continue to still feed her low carb food and continue to test her . Here is a guideline for you.

Once he/she is through the trial successfully, you enter a new phase. Your cat is still diabetic but has now become diet-controlled. Continue feeding low carb food in the manner successful for your kitty. If you decide to change his/her feeding schedule, let your meter be your guide to the best times to feed. Avoid medications with sugar in them and steroid medications unless they are medically essential. Continue testing blood glucose weekly for the first month and then monthly forever. It's a good idea to weigh him/her monthly. Weight should remain stable. If he/she seems "off" or sick, or is showing signs of diabetes (excessive drinking, eating, urinating, weight loss), test his/her blood glucose right away. Keep the teeth and gums clean and healthy; dental issues can bring a cat out of remission. If you see rising blood glucose numbers, it's time for a visit to the vet!

Congratulations again and please don't be a stranger to us. :kiss:

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  3. Ruby&Baco

Thanks so much @Bobbie And Bubba! :bighug:i'm so happy.

Yeah I know, she's still considered as a diabetic but it's under 'control'.
    She will get her raw food (untill the day she dies) She will not ever EVER get MC food or anything else. And ofcourse not any steroids (except when she must and there is no other choice)
    At the Dutch forum they told me to test her this week once every other day. Than next week test her every week once, and than every 2 weeks once and THEN once a month... But it's not a problem to check her once a month?
    I just want to make sure that's she's not getting a fall back to being diabetic, so maybe once a week is a good choice to test her? (all her life?)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  4. Ruby&Baco

Oh sorry, forgot to post about the white things on top of her raw food.
    Those are dried white fish snacks (0% carbs). I just bought them today and she LOVES them.
    So because it was a party today I decided to give them as an extra treat on top of her raw food:p

5. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Hope Baco doesn't party TOO much

[​IMG]

or she will look like this tomorrow

[​IMG]

CONGRATULATIONS BACO and WELL DONE RUBY!!!! [​IMG]

Ruby&Baco and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Congrats Baco. Great job Ruby.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  7. Ruby&Baco

Thank sooooooooooooooooooo much!

hahaha @Tuxedo Mom Well she's already in bed! party pooper! hahahahaha! She's too tired I think!

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.