? Baco update -> gained weight again

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ruby&Baco, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I usually post in the prozinc part of this forum because i've always been there (it's a habbit) but Baco is OTJ for almost 3 months now and I thought that it's also good to let more people look at Baco's case.
    She's a 'curvy' (aka fat) lady that has already been reduced on calorie intake by me multiple times...
    The last reduction was really a good one because she lost weight the last 2 weeks, well here again an update.
    She was doing great the last 2 weeks and was losing weight and staying under that 7KG mark (15.40lbs) But as of today she's gone up from 6,92kg (15.22lbs) to 7.04kg (15.49lbs) I can't imagin that that is a number 2 she needs to drop....quick.... that is way to heavy for a number 2.
    I don't get why she goes up so quick! that's a lot of weight in 1 day... how is this possible? She still gets the same amount of food, you can check my SS for her weight data... I get so freaking frustrated because she was doing so well the last 2 weeks staying under that 7KG mark but now all of a sudden she's back above it...
    Should I, if she doesn't come down, again decrease the calorie intake? She's getting 188.80 calories a day right now and that's for a cat that should weight 4KG (8.80lbs) Should I then again decrease it to a cat that should weight 3.5KG? (7.7lbs)?
    She was doing so well and I still play with her every other day so it's not like we don't do that anymore...
    Does anyone have other tips on this... she really needs to lose the weight.. She weights too much!
    I'm so discouraged:(

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The calories required to maintain weight is different for each cat. There are recommend calories/weight but those are only guidlines.
    I would just decrease the amount/calories fed a little

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Ruby,

That's a normal weight fluctuation; I wouldn't worry about it as long as the overall trend is downwards. As Larry says, if the trend data plateaus or starts rising again, reduce the daily calorie allowance just a little (weight loss requires as much patience as insulin treatment, methinks!).

Mogs

4. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Thanks Larry and Mogs! Well she went down really good after I post about it... I guess she did hear me complain about it :rolleyes: so she dropped a big number 2 and after that she was back at her old weight! I couldn't believe she did go up so high in 1 day, I never saw that... So I was concerned!

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.