Baco Update

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ruby&Baco, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hi all, as you know Baco and I are really struggling with het weight. She is at a plateau again and not going any lower. The vet things her body is in survival mode and won't change unless she gets more food and excercise! Soooooo tonight I will fly to Barcelona and will come back next Thursdsy but after that I will change her diet. She will get high quality food with 0% carbs in it (which Minnie also gets) but there are less calories in there so she can eat more grams but not more calories, still going to combine it with her raw food.
    I also decided to get her a leash and go outside the house with her so she can walk/run more. She has been doing this now for 2 days and she is scared but interested in this 'new' world outside her home:woot:

Talk to you soon! Will not be online for a few days due to the holiday!

Xx:kiss::bighug:

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_4967.JPG

Marlena and Rachel like this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

The survival mode thing happens in humans too. It might be a factor in people who have a lot of difficulty losing weight. It evolved as an adaptation to deal with times of food scarcity but most of us don't have a scarce food supply any more. Baco probably has one of those metabolisms so you have to shake up your feeding/exercise routine. I'm sure she'll learn to enjoy her walks a lot. Have a good trip to Barcelona! :)

P.S. Baco has the ideal figure for a Rembrandt painting.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Ruby&Baco likes this.
  3. Ruby&Baco

Well a little update, I'm having a lot of fun in Barcelona but must admit i'm missing Baco really bad! Because of the diabetes (like you probably all have experienced) you create such a strong connection than before, uhhh was that even possible? ;) But because of that it's hard to give the care for her away to someone else. Of course she doesn't need testing and insulin anymore but I just miss her so much and doubting if everything is going well...
    There isn't a day that i'm not thinking about her here in Barcelona. I enjoyed my time here but i'm glad I will see her tomorrow evening again and be back!

My upstairs neighbor did send me a lot of pictures of her and I even facetimed with her yesterday evening when my mom took care of Baco. Hahaha that was so funny because she reacted to my voice like 'where is my mommy?' But couldn't figure out that I was on the screen.. :woot:

Loved this pic of her! My neighbor send it to me this week!
    IMG_5089.JPG

Marlena and Sharon14 like this.
  4. Kris & Teasel

Glad you're having fun, Ruby. I'm sure Baco misses you too. Look at that little black and white face! :)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  5. AJHJ

AJHJ Member

Enjoy Barcelona! One of my favorite cities!! Have a vino tinto for me... Baco will be so happy to see you when you get back but I'm sure she's doing well and it sounds like you have good care arranged for her. She's a lucky girl! Maybe you can bring her back a jamon! :)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  6. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hey Ruby! I hope you relaxed and enjoyed your last night in Barcelona. Baco is looking good even if you think she needs to slim down a bit more. She is sooooooo cute and I can understand why you miss her so much. It darn near killed me to leave my sugar for a week last February so I understand the "special connection" and separation emotions all too well. I feel guilty saying it, but I don't think I worried about my geriatric furkid or my middle child nearly as much as my Menace but I guess that is to be expected. Good luck with the exercise program and the new diet!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hahah I love that you face timed with her! I know what you mean. I went out of town for one night and had my neighbor feed my 3. All he had to do was give them breakfast since I was home by dinner time. I left a page long note with instructions and laid everything on the counter so he didn't have to look for anything at all. Me? Overprotective? Nahhhhh....

8. Kris & Teasel

I SO understand all this!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  9. MiCo

MiCo Member

What a gorgeous kitty!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  10. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the pic of Baco with those soulful eyes!!! Also love her on the leash - that's a good idea to get her outside
    Oh Barcelona is indeed one of my favorite cities as well - I love the Gaudi buildings and the Ramblas. And the food!! but couldn't get used to eating so late - when do they sleep?

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  11. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

Baco is so cute! That's great that she's taking well to the leash, I'm sure going on walks will help her slim down.

Enjoy your trip!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  12. Ruby&Baco

Thanks so much for those lovely words!
    She was indeed very pleased to see me walk in the house again hihi! I did not bring her Jamon but I did give her a little dried pork snack we bought for ourselfs! She loved it haha;)
    And I had plenty vino tinto's and sangria's there :woot:

This was sangria with cava, just like lemonade hahaha it was so good!
    image.jpg

13. Ruby&Baco

Thanks Linda! I did relax my last night.
    Hahaha well Linda I do understand that you miss Menace the most, it's just our motherly feeling towards them because they need the extra care and it's hard to let it go!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  14. Ruby&Baco

Hahaha it was a darn cute facetime moment ;)
    The page long note is soooo relatable! Omg I had 4 notes on the fridge because I had to instruct my neighbor and my mom and even when I was in Barcelona I facetimed them to make sure everything was going well!
    Hahahaha we are overprotective but hey, that's what we do to keep our sugarbabies save and well cared for! :bighug:

15. Ruby&Baco

Aww thanks Carol:joyful:
    Wow everything is great in Barcelona and especially the food! My BF's parents are spanish so they cook a lot of spanish food and it is really good but because of the products we use here in the Netherlands, it doesn't come near the Spanish autenthic flavor you know what I mean? So when I was in Barcelona the flavors were even nicer (didn't know that was possible;)) so now I want to go back! :woot: Haha
    The eating thing for me isn't a problem! I'm Portuguese and am used to eating late so I loved it but can imagine that others that aren't used to it will have some trouble with that.
    Hahaha I think they sleep really late ;) but they also have there siësta time in the afternoon, so I guess they sleep pretty late!

Marlena likes this.
  16. Ruby&Baco

Thanks so much ;) I see you are new to fdmb? Welcome!!! I guess you've already gotten great advise from the lovely small prozinc family? As you may have read I was on holiday but I will look up your thread(s) to learn a little bit more about you and Cliff, and the story behind it :)

17. Ruby&Baco

I think the walks will help her indeed!
    Thanks so much we had a lovely time there, but glad to be home with Baco;)

18. Ruby&Baco

Have you been on holiday since Teasel's diabetes?

19. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

My kinda place!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  20. Kris & Teasel

Hi Ruby,
    No, I don't travel - I have some health issues that make it difficult and I'm a home body by nature. I did a bit when I was a lot younger.

21. Marlena

Marlena Well-Known Member

I really like that, what a brilliant idea Ruby! That red harness is fantastic on beautiful Baco!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  22. Marlena

Oh, you lucky devil!:p

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  23. Marlena

I'm moving to Spain tomorrow!:D

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  24. Ruby&Baco

Hahahaha @Marlena I will move to Spain in a couple of years (for real) because my bf's parents want to go back and he would also like to go back and I don't mind moving there with Baco and Minnie of course!
    I think between my 30-40 I will move there... i'm now 28 so a couple of years to go. The sun, the people, the ambiance are so much better then here!

@AJHJ my BF Vincent gave Baco some Jamon just now.... she LOVED IT!!
    IMG_5119.JPG
    She stands up on her feet to grab it! (Action photo) hahaha :rolleyes:

Marlena, Kris & Teasel and AJHJ like this.
  25. Ruby&Baco

Btw here's a photo of us! We had the time of our lives! I even post some photos of food&drinks ;) it was sooo nice!

image.jpg

IMG_5014.JPG

IMG_5069.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

Attached Files:

Marlena, Kris & Teasel and AJHJ like this.
  26. AJHJ

AJHJ Member

Looks and sounds like you had an amazing time!! Good for you. We all need to take time to relax now and then--it's hard when we want to be there all the time for our kitties. Baco sure does seem to be enjoying the jamon; I love the action shot!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  27. Ruby&Baco

Thanks! We do need some holiday time;) haven't been on holiday for 5 years so it was great!
    Btw congrats on the Bunny's OTJ! How great :kiss::bighug:

AJHJ likes this.
  28. Marlena

Ruby, thanks for lovely pictures!
    Glad you had such a good time.
    :)

29. Marlena

Angela, so happy to hear that Bunny is OTJ, how fantastic!:otj::otj::otj:

AJHJ likes this.
  30. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, looks like a great trip, Ruby! We were in Barcelona a year ago - loved the architecture and the friendly people. We stayed in a VRBO in a neighborhood and rode the bus everywhere - everyone was so kind to these old, lost Americans. The city reminded us so much of Paris.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.