Ballonee 01/01/17 AMPS= 540, +3= 428, +6= 367, +10= 261, PMPS= 223 PM+3= 66

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SpencerLindley, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpencerLindley

SpencerLindley Member

I believe it's been 6 cycles and my intuition tells me time for a dose increase to 0.50. Am I correct? I'm itching to get her down from these high numbers. I keep thinking is she sick? does she have an infection? but she seems otherwise fine and content..

I updated her numbers on the spread sheet and am now just updating the notes

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

It looks to me like she was clearing a bounce yesterday and possibly into last night. That could be why she’s so high today.

I have to urge you to not miss getting any PS tests! With her clearing a bounce, she could have been at a low number that you shot. That could explain why she’s so high today. She’s also coming down again so you will need to get some tests ....perhaps midcyle and +10 as well as the PS tonight to know exactly what she’s doing.

If you don’t have the data supporting an increase (in other words, you don’t know how low she got yesterday or last night), I can’t suggest that you increase the dose.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I don't see the PMPS from last night. And your spreadsheet has two dates of 12/31.

4. SpencerLindley

SpencerLindley Member

Oh geeze! Which shot did it look like I was missing? I never ever would shoot without testing! maybe it hadnt loaded yet let me look

5. SpencerLindley

SpencerLindley Member

Sorry I fixed it.. what happens is I edit the mmol sheet and then it translates itself to dl but sometimes it doesnt do it automatically and I forget to go to BOTH sheets and check that everything is good. Sorry guys :(

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  6. SpencerLindley

SpencerLindley Member

Ill get a mid cycle and a +10 for this cycle. Thank you

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

If she was flat yellow yesterday during the day, she could have had an active cycle last night and thus the big bounce this morning.

8. SpencerLindley

SpencerLindley Member

She was with a baby sitter last night cause I had to work. Baby sitter didn't test even though I asked her to.. not much I could have done.. just asking for advice.

For future reference.. I very much know never to give insulin without testing first so if it ever shows up I missed a pre shot test it's a mistake!

Marje and Gracie and Critter Mom like this.
  9. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmm, let's see how things develop today and where she is at pre-shot, but generally I agree with the caution here. The black number this morning could be indicative of a bounce from a low last night if she were clearing the previous bounce then. Hard to tell-- not much you can do if the babysitter chickens out on testing!

Have you gotten a ketones test in since 12/28 (sorry, I know I'm a nag on this! ;) )

10. SpencerLindley

SpencerLindley Member

I added one in :) Yes im frequently testing for ketones. Thank you for reminding me to put it on the sheet. As soon as I notice ketones Ill be calling the vet and promptly posting on this forum so everyone will know hahaha such is my anxiety about her <3

She seems to be going down throughout the day so I'm thinking stay at 0.25 and see how she does tonight? get some more data before making changes?

11. Nan & Amber (GA)

Good news on the ketones!

I think that's a good plan for tonight-- let's see what she does. Hopefully, if she's breaking a bounce tonight, it won't be too drastic so you'll be able to get some sleep tonight!

SpencerLindley likes this.
  12. SpencerLindley

SpencerLindley Member

^^ Sounds good :) Thank you!

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  13. SpencerLindley

SpencerLindley Member

Started looking really flat tonight and checked her at +3 was 66... Feeding now. So I'm guessing last night she went low and this morning was a bounce like @Marje and Gracie suggested. Thank you everyone for catching that for me.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  14. Nan & Amber (GA)

Wow, good catch!!!! So glad she came up quickly for you, too.

She may very well bounce again this morning. She's earned a reduction again, but if she's really high (and you'll be home to monitor) you have the option of shooting 0.25 again ("shooting through the bounce") once.

I think it would be a good habit to get into to give her a little snack at +1 or +2, especially times like last night when she was headed downwards at pre-shot, but just generally all the time. When Ballonee decides to head downward, she tends to pick up a lot of momentum, so a snack might help to slow her down and keep her from hitting those lime greens. She only just dipped below range last night, but I don't like that you are consistently observing some behavioral changes when she gets that low. At this point, I'd rather see her in consistent blues, honestly. It looked like that was where the 0.1 dose was taking her, although she was bouncing up from those numbers too so she wasn't spending as much time in decent numbers as any of us would like.

The good news is, her bounces do seem to be fairly short, just one or two cycles!

Critter Mom and SpencerLindley like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.