Bandit low numbers PS, no reason cross-posted

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AnneMuskoka, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnneMuskoka

AnneMuskoka New Member

Sorry for the duplicate thread, this is my first post and I don't know if I did the first one right!
    Hi team:
    Bandit (diagnosed 02/2018) has been on 5 units for 7 days. I went with the Go slow method, raising his insulin from 2 until 5.5, then reducing to 5 as he had some low numbers after starting off in the 22.5 range. I've been charting his numbers since he started and try to do a curve once a week.
    His last curve was last Friday, started at 18.8, +2 17.9, +4 14.8, +6 11.8, +8 13.3, +10 18.8, PMPS 20.2.
    Yesterday, he was AMPS 14.7 so I was confident to give him his usual dose of 5 units. After work PMPS was 3.6! No shot. +1 4.9, +2 6.7, +3 9.9. So rising, but didn't shoot.
    This morning, as expected, he was 25.3. Tonight +11 was 7.1, PMPS 7.8, +1 10.6. So rising again, again as expected. But the new question is I feel I need to head off another huge number but want to be cautious as I don't like the seesaw. Saying that, if I shoot at +2...what kind of unit number should I look at? I think lower than the 5, (this morning I gave 4.75)...but I want to stave off a huge bounce followed by a crash.
    Thanks for the input.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I can't advise, but will reply to bump your post up the line. I hope you get an answer and advice very soon.

3. AnneMuskoka

AnneMuskoka New Member

Thank you!

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.