Bashful & her mom Grandma Bea

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Grandma Bea, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grandma Bea

Grandma Bea New Member

I am Grandma Bea, big animal lover. Learned 4 days before Christmas my Bashful age 11, torti, very afraid of people, has diabetes. Found this site thru facebook and want to learn as much as I can to help my Bashful and I get thru this. I have 3 other cats all okay. Bashful has not used a liter box for a very long time. Does this have anything to do with the disease and will she ever go back to using it if she gets better? I have newspaper down for her to use and she always goes to the paper to do her personal stuff.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

It's common to have potty issues until they are in better numbers. Welcome Grandma Bea! We can definitly help with your Bashful. Does she let you handle her?

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

How long is a long time? Does she go outdoors?
    Bathroom issues are common with diabetic kitties but has nothing to do with cause. Don't go back to f-book, you're much better off here.:)

5. Grandma Bea

Grandma Bea New Member

longer than i hate to admit. no, she does not go outdoors. none of my cats do.

6. Grandma Bea

Grandma Bea New Member

no she does not let me handle her. I volunteer at local pet smart since 2007 when they opened. walked in one morning and saw her in a cage. if she could disappear into the wall, she would have. i adopted her and she has been with me since 2007 december. gets alone with my 3 other cats but is a loner. at times when she does not expect it, i can pick her up and hold her. she lets me hug and kiss and pet her. When she was first diagnosed, I took her to vet as she was lethargic and i could see something was wrong. they did the blood work. saw the numbers, up in the low 500's. i was able to get her in the beginning to give her shots twice a day, now she runs from me being she is feeling better. i have dry cat food propac ultimates savanna chicken. and i read fancy feast classic. she hates the stuff from the vet. i am open for any suggestions, education and advice from those who have cats with this disease.

7. Grandma Bea

Grandma Bea New Member

thank you

Sharon14 likes this.
  8. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! Please post all your questions on the main health forum where more people will see them. :)

9. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome, Grandma Bea and Bashful!

10. nmveasey

nmveasey Member

Hello Grandma Bea and Bashful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.