Basil and Possible Dental: Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Basil will be going to the vet first thing tomorrow to have his teeth looked at. If the vet recommends a dental, I'd like to have my list of questions and requests ready. Can anyone tell me what I should be talking over with the vet?

Thanks so much!

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Lydia, if you click on health links there should be a link to the petdiabetes wiki...

you want to know how they sedate, what anaesthesia they use, whether they monitor BP, whether they do dental xrays prior, what pain meds they use and when, whether they use antibiotics or not (not always necessary), what they suggest about food and water the night before and what they want for insulin the next am. also whether they do presurgery bloodwork.

3. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jen. I was checking links but didn't do that one. I shall look. (After 3 months here, I am still in awe at how much information is on this site.

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

go onto general health and look at the posting I started on this subject - there are several links in there and lots of information - you ought to find helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.