Baxter-My Forever Angel

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jenn & Baxter, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenn & Baxter

Jenn & Baxter Well-Known Member

This extremely difficult for me to write this post. I have put it off & put it off because its been so hard for to come to the board. This was Baxter's & I special place.
    My heart....BROKEN & EMPTY!

On, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, Baxter earned his golden cat wings. He was my one & only. I don't have children & I don't have any other pets. He was it, my sweet baby.
    We put up a great fight!! I did everything above & beyond what modern medicine could do to help him stay healthy & strong. God takes what is impossible for us on earth and makes it his possible. So I know Baxter is healthy & so strong now.

In mid May, Baxter was DX with early stage of CRF. 3 weeks later after another round of testing the results showed CRF had progressed fast & he was in the final stage. Baxter & I fought so hard during those 3 weeks. I told him to just let me know when he wanted me to stop fighting. In the very early morning hours of June 12th he told me he was tired & he didn't have it in him anymore to fight. He began to breath abnormal & I could hear fluid in his lungs. We laid together until dawn. Watching his favorite bird videos on YouTube & listening to the song The Rainbow Connection by, Kermit the frog over & over. 6 am slowly came around & I made one of the toughest decisions of my life. With tears in my eyes & cracked voice I called Baxter's vet & told him it was time. There wasn't anyway I could bare to see Baxter be uncomfortable to breathe. I absolutely did not want him to suffer. We continued to lay together until the vet came to my house. Baxter was in my arms the whole time. Just like that....he became my forever angel. I will forever have a whole in my heart. He was my best friend. I am going to miss him so much!! I feel so blessed to have so many memories of him. I feel even more blessed to have him in my arms, in the privacy of my home during our last moments together.

I am so forever greatful to FDMB! Thank you to everyone who helped me for almost 2 yrs. Baxter & I wouldn't have made it that long without everyone's support on the board.
    I owe a very, very special thank you to a few people how took time out of there life to help me in different ways.

*Sue~ Thank you for help me set up a SS by phone on Thanksgiving eve 2011. You were so kind to take time to do that for Baxter & I.
    *Robin~ Thank you so much for helping me with getting Baxter's dose just right for him. Without the scale Baxter would have stayed at IHOP...since they are open 24/7.
    *Carl~Your knowledge is amazing. Thank you for all the helpful post & support.
    *LuAnn & Grayson~Thank you for your friendship...both of you. Through all the highs & lows FD brought into our life.

Thank you everyone else for all the cheerleader cats when things where good. All the hugs & words of support when things were rough. All the other smileys that fit the post. Also, thank you for all the tips, advice & support. The board is truly a wonderful place!

I hope you take a moment & watch Baxter's tribute video. It tells our story. Since it is on YouTube you won't be able to view it on a mobile device or IPad because of the song I used. Unless you change your options to desktop.
    Baxter~A Loving Tribute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5t3Ts40g6Q

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers at this difficult time.

3. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Jenn, your video is a beautiful tribute to Baxter and what a gorgeous kitty Baxter was. My deepest and most heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your beloved boy. I wish you peace in your time of deep grief and the knowledge that you gave him your all and you knew when it was time to help him on his way and you were with him. He left in the arms of love and may all your beautiful memories of Baxter help you through the "moments"......we all have them and they can just hit at any time, even years later, and our only release is tears. He was so loved and he knew and felt that love every day and Baxter will always be with you in your heart rb_icon wings_cat

4. Dragonfly229

Dragonfly229 Member

Jenn, I am so, so sorry to read about Baxter. I have missed the conversations that our boys would have about IHOP, and all their fun times there. Cyber hugs to you, my friend.

5. KarensPoe

KarensPoe Member

Wow...Baxter was such a handsome boy.

Your tribute took my breath away as I shed tears for you.

The love between an animal and their bean reaches depths many cannot understand, yet it's a love that sometimes makes everything else worthwhile here on this earth.

I believe with all my heart that Baxter is in fields of treats and sunbeams, his beautiful blue eyes sparkling with reflections of the sun.

Peace and blessings to you in your time of grief.

6. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

:YMHUG:

7. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requien aeternum, Baxter.

{{Hugs}}

8. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((Jenn)))))) I'm so sorry. What a beautiful Tribute to Mr. Baxter. Your deep bond is evident. He will be in your heart forever.

Fly free Baxter wings_cat

9. terriy

terriy Member

Baxter is beautiful! Your tribute was amazing. Your love for him is forever.
    Sending thoughts and prayers to you.
    :YMHUG:

10. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

That was a beautiful tribute video of those special times you had with Baxter. Be at peace in your heart. We know how much you loved Baxter and how special he was to you.

Lighting a ring of candles in memory of your special boy.

Attached Files:

11. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

beautiful tribute jen and an absolutely gorgeous boy baxter is.
    I am so very sorry for your loss. it is never easy. I can see the love and trust you guys had for each other.'

the tears will eventually turn into smiles and then laughter as you remember the happier times.
    fly free baxter. you will always be remembered and in your mommas heart
    hugs jen

12. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Beautiful tribute, Jenn. Baxter was fortunate to have a mom to love him so much! Thinking of you often and praying warm memories of your sweet Baxter bring you comfort in the coming days.

BIG HUGS -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

13. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Jenn)))
    I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Baxter. What a beautiful tribute to him and the time you shared. I hope that the wonderful memories you have of him will help you get through this difficult time.

Fly free sweet Baxter.
    wings_cat

Marcy

14. Dear Jenn,

What a beautiful tribute to Baxter. You made one of the hardest decisions of your life today and as is too often the case, the right decisions are the really hard ones. He could not have had a better home, and I think he's known that from the day he met you. I pray that the broken heart will heal swiftly, but it's not really empty, Jenn. Let it be full of all the wonderful memories you have of Baxter. He'll always be there, always be a part of what makes you, you.

One thing that I know for sure. I will never drive by an IHOP, (or a Waffle House for that matter), and not have a fond memory of Baxter and his adventures.

Peace, my friend,

Carl

15. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry you had to say so long to Baxter. I can see how much love the two of you shared. What a wonderful tribute!
    We never get enough time with our forever friends...
    Fly Free Baxter!
    [​IMG]

16. Simon'sMommy

Simon'sMommy Well-Known Member

Fly free and land softly sweet Baxter. Send your Mommy some love from the bridge to let her know you are ok

Jen, your tribute to Baxter is beautiful. My condolences. wings_cat

17. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Dear Jenn--

Thank you for sharing your beautiful, heartwarming video of Baxter. It literally brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful boy and such a loving momma.

He'll be waiting for you at the bridge rb_icon

18. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

Beautiful tribute. Thanks for sharing it. Your loving care showed so much through his stunning eyes.
    I pray for healing of your heart. I cry with you...

19. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Jenn)) I am so sorry. I know how much your heart is hurting. Hugs to you.

20. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

While I cannot view any video due to dialup your beautiful words bring tears to my eyes. You done right by your boy. It is the hardest decision we make, Its the one decision we question ourselves with, unless...unless we have that look from our babies, that look that says "it's ok mom...it's ok".

My heart breaks for you
    jeanne
    For Baxter:
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=18838143

21. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Fly free sweet Baxter. May you soar high and wide and land softly. You are much loved and will be sorely missed. Until you meet again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.