Bear AMPS 468 Vomited water, shedding

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by kldanzi, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kldanzi

kldanzi Member

Hello,

Bear has been doing well the past few days but his AMPS was 468 and there was a puddle on the floor when I got up where he vomited water... this has happened before when he drinks too much. He also seems to be shedding excessively this morning. He's been a little constipated from switching foods so we have been mixing his food with some water and will be picking up some Miralax today.

I'm wondering if the vomiting and shedding are just coincidental or symptoms of a new health problem?

His PMPS was 235. He received 1.0u Lantus and ate 5 oz. wet food at 8:30 PM. He had a snack of 1.5 oz wet food at 4:00 AM. AMPS was 468, 1.0u Lantus, 5 oz. wet food.

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Vomiting water and shedding are symptoms of Hyperthyroid -- along with PU/PD, hunger, aggressiveness, loud meowing in the middle of the night, licking fur off / creating bald areas --- have I missed anything?

Even if thyroid is an the high end of normal range, in an older cat - they could be Hyperthyroid. The T4/Free T4 test is needed to diagnose (blood test).

3. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

couple other thoughts -- sometimes cats drink extra water b/c they are nauseous and it makes there stomach feel better.

also constipation will cause extra drinking and vomiting.

I hope the miralax helps things "go" smoothly !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.