Beast new member is trying to be OTJ - help

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by kbersny, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbersny

kbersny Member

Hi all, I am new, just joined 8/12/13. My kitty Beast was Dx in May 2012, started 3 units of Lantus 2x day and changed food to Purina DM 1/4 cup 2x day. I joined this site because at time of Dx Beast weighed 28.5lbs, over a year later she is only down to 24.8lbs. I wanted to find a better food and found a lot about wet, low card diet but also was warned not to change without home testing. I had never home tested so I came here looking for help. I found it! A great member in my area actually met with me and walked me through the home test process. Last night was my first home test. At time of test Beast was AMPS 56 +10, 53 +11, 52 +12. I did not give shot. This morning I tested at 8:30 am ( I have no idea how to record this now since no shot given) and she was at 52. I Freaked out, called vet. Vet said to feed and take reading at 10:30. 10:30 reading was 59. vet was concerned that my meter (ReliOn Prime) was not working properly and suggested I bring Beast in so they could test on their meter and on mine. At 2:30 this afternoon,29 hours after last shot, she was 75 on my meter and 122 on vet meter (diff of 47). This was also after a 25 min car ride. Vet suggests I stop shots, start transition to wet low carb food and come in next Friday for a glucose curve. Vet says to keep testing and only give shot if my meter reads 150 or above. I have been posting in Lantus tight. Am I now doing a "off the Juice Trial"? Would love some feed back, suggestions, thoughts, where to post ...

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Answered over in Lantus TR forum, in your other post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.