Beau is at +55 hrs now

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

But I think he will need a shot tonight. Yesterday and this am his BG was about the same (131/126), but yesterday he dropped after 3 hours and today he was the same. But I am still hoping he can pull back out of this.

I weighed him the other day, using the weigh myself, weigh myself holding him method, and he has dropped some weight since his last vet check in Oct. He was about 10 lbs 4 ozs then and he is under 10 lbs now, according to my home scale. Jed, on the other hand is between 10 and 10.5 - up from 9 lbs 1 oz in late Oct.

2. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Let's see what his numbers are tonight before shooting. Hopefully he'll have brought himself down a bit. If you need to give insulin, that's okay too - how much will you give?

3. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

I thought your cut off was 150? It's still good if he can bring himself down after eating.

4. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Sherri & Stash (GA) Member

Just saw your post to Steve & Jock and wanted to say I'm sorry Beau is back on the juice.

Sending warm fuzzies that he's OTJ again soon!

5. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

He was 131 tonight - so still no shot (+63-ish)

My cut off for him is 140. I am not wanting to flirt with below 50 #s at this point. Too much drama and I just don't want him going really low when I am at work.

If he needs insulin, it will be 0.05u when he gets above 140.

Thanks, Sherri.

I would amend my sig but there isn't enough room! And when he goes back OTJ it won't matter, right? Right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.