GA Beauregard has his wings

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by pat121, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat121

pat121 Member

It was so easy, and I am thankful.

The getting ready was NOT easy. I cried, kissed, hugged and could not allow them to begin. I almost changed my mind, but knew it was selfish to even consider that.

They took him to the back, and I think he must have known. I had talked and touched all night, and told him that this morning, he would have angels coming for him, and all of this would be over. And just Mom would be missing him (and every one he had ever touched).

When they brought him back in, again, more kissing and touching and loving. The Vet finally came in and we talked more, and I was finally ready. After they flushed the catheter, and then put in the fluid, it was less than a minute and he was gone. Very easy for him.

Now it's my turn to be really miserable. I know others have just experienced it, and we all have had to deal with the loss of a loved one, but it never gets easy.

Thanks for all the support on here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2016
    Reason for edit: Added GA prefix. Fly free Beauregard... land softly.
  2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Pat

I am so sorry that Beau had to make the journey across the bridge. You have given him the greatest, most selfless gift a petparent can give....release from pain. Please hold all your happy memories close to give you peace and strength while you deal with your sad sad loss. Beau will always be close to you in your heart.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

pat121 likes this.
  3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Oh Pat, I'm just so sorry. I'm glad you had those wonderful hours together. I hope you can find peace in knowing you did the right thing, no matter how difficult, and that he went gently on his journey to the Rainbow Bridge. Sending so many (((hugs)))...

Lucy

pat121 likes this.
  4. pat121

pat121 Member

The "good" is that a Vet tech who's been here doing the testing for me loves Beau. I heard her in the back saying "is that Beauregard?" and then she came in talk. She had put him on the floor (to get him out of his carrier) and said it was time. He walked "funny" today and I had noticed him "swaying" a little when he got out of his basket today. I told her all that they found yesterday, and she said I had made the right decision. I know it, but just keep thinking that we should have noticed all of this sooner. But you can't go back in time.

I could tell this morning when he looked at me, and actually when they brought him back after putting in the catheter, that he was ready. It's been a rough month for him, and IVs and Vet and force feeding. He was just ready to meet my parents and all our other pets and be happy and perky again.

Critter Mom and Squalliesmom like this.
  5. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. The heartbreak we feel when we say goodbye to these most special little babies is a pain like no other and all of us here completely empathise with what you're going through. Try to rest, this is stressful to say the least, and you need all your reserves to manage the emotions you'll be feeling as well as you can. You may not be able to sleep or eat for a while so take good care of yourself. And when the sadness and emotions become overwhelming, tell yourself that you did the right thing by Beau, and that's all we as caring and responsible caregivers can do.

Wishing you peace and happy memories.

Diana

Critter Mom likes this.
  6. pat121

pat121 Member

As I said, Diana, thankfully we are given the right to help our babies out of suffering, where we can't help humans, and they are left to suffer. I know he would have rather been here with me, as all our furbabies would, but he was just so sick. Last nite let me know that, because when he got out of his basket, he could barely stand or walk. Just too many obstacles to make a recovery, so I would have been prolonging his suffering for my own selfish reasons. He is going to be missed. Sitting at the computer, I keep looking over at his basket (which I left him in and wll retrieve later) and looking to see if he's looking out his window. No, he's looking down on me, sitting in Dad's lap (it's Dad's birthday today) and happy as a clam. And he wll be most loved up there.

7. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

I'm so sorry, Pat. As I commented on FB, Pat, it's one of the hardest things we do in life, is letting go of someone we love. Beau was so very blessed to have you. And like I said on FB, Beau....look for my sweet Persian, Shelby....he's in the catnip garden. Y'all will have a great time! cat_wings>o
    Jamye and Fred

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sending you hugs of comfort. So very sorry for your loss today. Fly high, land softly.

The Last Battle
    If it should be that I grow frail and weak
    And pain should keep me from my sleep,
    Then will you do what must be done,
    For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
    You will be sad I understand,
    But don't let grief then stay your hand,
    For on this day, more than the rest,
    Your love and friendship must stand the test.
    We have had so many happy years,
    You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
    When the time comes, please, let me go.
    Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
    Only, stay with me till the end
    And hold me firm and speak to me
    Until my eyes no longer see.
    I know in time you will agree
    It is a kindness you do to me.
    Although my tail its last has waved,
    From pain and suffering I have been saved.
    Don't grieve that it must be you
    Who has to decide this thing to do;
    We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
    Don't let your heart hold any tears.

-- Unknown

Critter Mom and pat121 like this.
  9. pat121

pat121 Member

I was missing him, but not now. He is here with me, laying on the bed again, purring and saying "i love you"

10. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Pat, I am so sorry for your loss. I had to go through the same thing yesterday with Tiger. I know the pain you are feeling.

Try to think about all of the good memories you have of Beau. You will see him again and then he will be back to his healthy self.

Fly free Beau. Tiger is waiting there to meet you. Keep watch over your family who loves you. cat_wings>o

pat121 likes this.
  11. jane and stewey

jane and stewey Member

So very sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved baby. I have had to the same for a number of my babies over the years. Loving them allows us to sacrifice and to the right things. I want my little to hear my voice and words of love as he or she passes from this world. I had to put down Big D (the big dude) this past December. I miss him every day. Blessings and prayers from Jane and Stewey

pat121 likes this.
  12. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

No words, just deep sadness for your loss and your grief.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

pat121 likes this.
  13. pat121

pat121 Member

That is exactly what I wanted. It was just the Vet and I, and I was telling him it was OK, and before I knew it, he was gone. I had promised him last nite I would be there the whole time, and not leave him alone. I didn't. He tried to get up during the night when I left (potty or water or to cry), but it was hard for him to get out of his little basket. I wanted him so on my bed, snuggled under covers, but I think he needed to be where he could get up (so he thought). And I knw he would injure himself jumping off that bed, so he spent his last day i his little basket, and is likely still in it if they haven't moved him on.

14. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

My heart feels ripped out for you and Lisa. May God bless you.

pat121 likes this.
  15. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry today was Beau's time to leave you.

pat121 likes this.
  16. Dave & Stormy

Dave & Stormy New Member

I am so deeply sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm shedding tears with you.

pat121 likes this.
  17. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I am so sorry....:bighug:

pat121 likes this.
  18. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

No words can express my sadness for you. Beau went peacefully with you at his side. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

pat121 likes this.
  19. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

Thinking of you Pat...and sending hugs :bighug::bighug:

pat121 likes this.
  20. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Pat, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

cat_wings>o Fly free dear Beauregard... land softly.

pat121 likes this.
  21. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

More hugs and thoughts and prayers Pat....

Soar high sweet boy....land softly back in Mama's broken heart...

pat121 likes this.
  22. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Beauregard.
    {{hugs}}

pat121 likes this.
  23. Jeanne & Dottie

Jeanne & Dottie Member

:(I'm so sorry you had to let Beauregard go, Pat. Right to the end, you were a wonderful CatMom, giving him a gift that was timely and merciful. Keep him close in your heart, and always remember that he's only out of your reach temporarily..he's waiting for you, remember? Up by the :rb_icon:Bridge. What may be a wait for you, will only feel like seconds to him, and then you'll be together forever. Bless you both. Fly free and high, Beau...your momma loves you.

SpecklesandMe and pat121 like this.
  24. SpecklesandMe

SpecklesandMe Member

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. :bighug:

pat121 likes this.
  25. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    He knows he was loved, and he is in a better place now, perky and happy.
    Fly Free Beauregard :rb_icon::rb_icon:

pat121 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.