GA Beautiful Little Tiger 6/2000 to 7-12-2015- Just Had To Say Thanks

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tiger(GA) and Ruth, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

071.jpg Last Condo.

This is the post that no one ever wants to write ... I don't quite know how to write a GA condo with no BG to report. But I could not leave here without giving so many thanks for helping Tiger and I during our journey here. You taught me so much about feline diabetes, when I thought my world was falling apart and I was so scared. So many of you shared your vast knowledge, offering encouragement. I will never forget this wonderful community.

I had to say goodbye to my precious princess Tiger last Sunday. My vet thinks it was either pancreatic or liver cancer. I had been worried since her ultrasound in February, that something was off, but it was nothing that I could put a finger on. We had x-rays in Nov,Feb, May. The earliest showed nothing and neither did her BW. When her appetite started going really off in May, and she started missing the LB when she peed, Dr. R thought she had a UTI, but again, the C & S was negative. However, her BW this time showed elevated WBC, high neutrophils and monocytes, plus she was getting anemic. Despite the sick feeling I had in my stomach, we had agreed to treat for a pancreatitis flare, I was sent home with more bupe, Cerenia and cypro. Last Friday she was barely eating and getting weaker, yet appeared to be gaining weight when I knew she hadn't eaten enough. This time the xrays showed that her abdomen was filled with fluids, her organs were being squished to the side and barely visable. Since her total protein values were normal, Dr. R said it was likely a mass that was causing a blockage. I could feel my head starting to fog over to hear these words. There was no use in doing chemo, aspiration of the fluid, and surgery was not a good option given her fragile condition. Dear God how I wished I had pushed for a biopsy after her ultrasound! The vet at this point had a tear in her eye, and that's when I lost it! I asked to bring her home, I just wanted one more weekend with my precious girl. Since her FD diagnosis, I've slept downstairs with Tiger. (I'm on the floor, she's on the couch!) This is where she has always liked to sleep nights, coming downstairs where she knew I would be watching TV in the evenings. This was always our special time as she liked to be held and cuddled. Then she would go upstairs each morning when she knew DH needed to be getting up for work(5"00am) But that Sunday morning at 4:00AM, I heard Tiger get up and go to her LB, instead of going upstairs, she hopped up on the couch where I was sitting. She gave me 2 hours of the most amazing purring session while she sat in my lap cuddling with me. At 6AM, it was time to go make coffee so I carried her upstairs where DH was waiting. This is the part that I am so ashamed and hate myself for. She went to my bed and flopped down, exhausted and painting. This is when I finally realized what an idiot I am, that she was in such pain and hid it from me. She was waiting for me to wake up and recognize suffering and to do the right thing!! She used all her strength to give me her love and purrs those last hours! God only knows how many signs she had been giving me and even worse that I selfishly brought her home that Friday. No more excuses, we got her to the ER vet right then and there. It happens so quickly, there is never enough time...

My special little girl came to me in the spring of 2000 at a time when my dad(who was my rock!) was just getting diagnosed with Wegner's Disease, an autoimmune disease that ultimately took him from us. I spent lots of time working in my garden then, that's always been my therapy, trying to come to terms with the grief. I soon became aware of a little pair of eyes watching and following me, hidden in my flower beds. She was so tiny and precious then, she would twirl around my legs and flop down in front of me, demanding attention and petting. She was a perfect cure to distract me from my misery. By the end of that summer I began to notice she wasn't going home when it was getting darker and colder in the evenings. DH wouldn't hear of letting her come inside, he found her owners(across the street) and repeatedly tried to give her back to them. She would jump out of his arms and run back home before he could catch her!! Finally, the guy's grandfather who owned that house and who happened to be visiting, told DH that the cat is going to go where it wants to go! We lost my Dad that following June, then I lost my older beloved kitties, Tails 4 months after Dad and my beautiful tuxie Junior left us 4 months after that. With each of these losses, I thought I would lose my mind, but my precious little Tiger was always there to save me from my grief! It's like she knew my weaknesses. I think that qualifies her as a "Heart Kitty!" Later on, she assisted me as I recovered from gallbladder surgery and the terror of migraine afected vertigo. Then 2 years ago when DH and I were on the verge of getting a divorce because he couldn't take charge and move his mother and step-dad to Assisted Living/Memory Care, it was Tiger to the rescue again, inserting herself between us during our fights, diffusing the tense situations, always the peacemaker!! She never was a vocal kitty, she never complained, she did all of her talking with those expressive beautiful eyes and gestures... There will never ever be another like my Tiger!

All there is left to say is thank you for being here for us! It's so hard because for the first time in almost 30 years, I have no cat- when I come home, no one is waiting in the stairwell... I still am getting panic attacks and meltdowns, but now I have hundreds of her pictures and videos on my phone, tablet and 3 computers, they give me enormous comfort but are not a real substitute for her warm kisses and purrs. Please hold your kitties close to your hearts tonight, tell them how much you love them! I would give anything to hold my beautiful, brave Tiger again, just for a few minutes. Life is so precious and short. Fly Free my precious princess Tiger, we were so blessed to have you, we miss you and love you so much.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    Reason for edit: added info
    Critter Mom and Marje and Gracie like this.
  2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Tiger.
    {{hugs}}

Tiger(GA) and Ruth likes this.
  3. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Ruth I am so sorry for the loss of Tiger.:bighug::bighug: Tiger, a very precious kitty.May she Rest in Peace.
    Fly free little onecat_wings>o and send your Momma a sign from the Rainbow Bridge.:rb_icon:
    Beautiful pictures of Tiger.

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Ruth)))),
    Your precious, beautiful Tiger will always be with you. She knew it was her time to leave her physical body, but she also knew that her spirit and her soul would be forever with her mamabean. Look to the heavens tonight and you will see her shining star. Tiger is flying free of her illness and her pain on her beautiful new golden wings. cat_wings>o. She is at The Bridge, with all of our GAs. They will look after her until that magical day when you will meet again. Until then, feel her smiling down on you and feel the everlasting love she has for you.

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

p.s. Your L&LL Family is here for you.

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh (((((((((((((Ruth)))))))))))))))
    I'm crying with you now. ( and i already can't breathe- severe asthma today)
    I'm so sorry....Tiger is definitely your heart kitty. Such great love for each other.
    I just hate that their time with us is so short....
    You will hear that purr again....
    I"m so so so sorry.
    Lighting a candle for Tiger....
    Fly Free Tiger....
    [​IMG]

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

(((Ruth))) what a loving, wonderful tribute you've written for Tiger. She was obviously an extraordinary cat. It's so hard to lose them . . . I understand. The relationship you had with Tiger was different than any other because of the intensity of your care for her and her trust of you. I think she chose the time - that she no doubt wanted that extra time with you as well, and in the morning was letting you know that she couldn't wait any longer.

Fly free little Tiger and land softly. We're here for you, Ruth. You're always part of the LL family.

[​IMG]

7. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

(((((Ruth)))))
    I am so so sorry. I have tears. I know how much you love Tiger and how devoted you have been to her, and I'm sure she knew too every day. She knew what she was doing when she picked you. Tiger, send your mama a sign from the Bridge.
    :rb_icon:
    Ruth, don't be a stranger. I have always appreciated your visits and warm energy.

8. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Oh no, Ruth. I'm sitting here crying. What a beautiful soul kitty. Your story, your tribute, the picture all share your love and deep feeling of loss at your dear Tiger's crossing.

And she loved you so much she wanted to give you those last hours of memories. May those memories in time help heal your heart....

And my heart thanks you for everything you mean to me, Polly, and my fur family during our time with LL&L. Hugs aren't enough; vines for healing aren't enough; light for your beautiful girl aren't enough. But it's all I have.....

Marilyn and Polly

9. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Thanks so much guys, it means the world to us. Ella, you're right, she knew, it was me being stupid, I couldn't see clearly. Rhiannon, you said in one of your posts how cancer eats up sugar awhile back- and you were right! It sent shivers up my spine, how did you know because that's what happened to us. Julie, you are amazing, still here after all this time, but I understand now. I have gotten too attached to all the fur babies here once you've been owned by a sugar kitty, they are truly special.

10. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Ruth))))

So sorry to hear it was Tiger's time to leave you. She was so loved and you did everything you could for her, so please don't blame yourself for a bit of it. Our kitties are so good at hiding how sick they really are from us!

She knew it was her time and came to you to share the love she felt for you, then gave you a sign that told you it was time. There's nothing more either of you could do to prove your love for one another.

Fly free sweet Tiger! There are many others at the Bridge to welcome you and keep you company until the one you love most comes to get you.cat_wings>o
    [​IMG]

11. Laura&Chichi (GA)

Laura&Chichi (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing your memories of Tiger with us. What a beautiful" heart "kitty. Im so sorry for your loss Ruth:bighug:

12. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I've watched other cats who suddenly went otj after years of struggles.... and learned by observation. Max in CA and Reuben in S. America. I asked lots of questions of those with the most experience.

I agree with Deanie
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Nononononononononononono!

(((((Ruth)))))
    I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your precious Tiger.
    I am so sad to read this. I am hugging you and crying with you in my heart.
    I have no doubt in my mind that those 2 hours of last cuddles were as important to Tiger as it was to you.
    I am sure she needed that as much as you did.
    When she let you know she was ready on Sunday morning, you let her fly free immediately.
    You did exactly the right thing. There is nothing you did wrong or to be ashamed of.
    The story of how you met her and how she stayed with you and helped you through tough times is so touching.
    She chose you and you were her special human. She's definitely your heart-kitty.
    I can tell by reading your tribute how special and strong bond you two shared.
    Your souls were so in tune with each other, Tiger would not have let you make a choice she didn't want.
    Please don't ever have doubt or regret about her last moments.

Fly free, Tiger. There are many LL kitties there... Make lots of friends.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Lori & Lulu

Lori & Lulu Well-Known Member

Ruth, I am so very sorry :bighug:. It is so clear how heartbroken you are over losing your precious little Tiger, may she fly free cat_wings>o Such a beautiful tribute, I wept as I read. I really believe this little sweetie is now frolicking in a fragrant meadow, pain free, chasing butterflies and having fun with all her new friends at Rainbow Bridge.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; Her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your Tiger, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... Author unknown..."

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Ruth))) - I just want to run down the I-5 and give you a hug in person. This will have to do instead. :bighug::bighug: I must admit I noticed that your SS entries had stopped and feared the worst. I've heard a vet oncologist comment that cancer likes carbs.

I loved your tribute to sweet Tiger and story how she met you and became the peacekeeper in your house. What a strong, beautiful, and wise kitty, selecting you as her bean. As the others have said, I think that her two hours with you on Sunday was Tiger's way of saying she was ready to go. She was telling you that she would always be there in your heart.

Tonight I look to the sky and look for that bright new star that has been in the sky for a couple of days now. Fly free Tiger - visit your momma soon.

[​IMG]

16. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Ruth:bighug::bighug: I am so very sorry it was Tiger's time. It is such a hard time to get through no matter how prepared we think we are. She sounds like she was the most beautiful kittie and of course you are going to miss her terribly. You mustn't beat your self up though....you were a wonderful mamabean and she obviously loved you both.
    Sending love and hugs. Rest easy beautiful Tigercat_wings>o

17. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Ruth}}}

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. It took me a while to be able to see well enough to type, because your beautiful tribute had me bawling like a baby.

Please, do NOT feel guilty for giving Tiger those last precious days with you. I truly think it was what she wanted, and when she was ready, she told you. You responded immediately. You were/are a wonderful, loving bean and she was very lucky to have found the perfect one for her. I feel a certain kinship with you, as we've experienced the same trials with our DHs recently. I always looked forward to your condos and have missed them and worried when there was a gap. I understand why you couldn't post till now. Tiger will always be there, those little eyes watching you, loving you. I have seen several of our veterans say this - you just have to hug her differently now.

We are all here for you. I, too, would like to run up I-5 and hug you in person, but please accept my virtual hugs and deepest, most caring sympathy. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, beautiful Tiger, and land softly. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  18. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry it was time for Tiger to pass, Ruth. Your love and devotion to each other is truly inspirational. For now, she lives forever in your heart, and some day, you will live forever together. Many prayers and our deepest sympathies...

19. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I clicked on the post and when I saw that avatar my mind just screamed NOO, not Ruth's Tiger!!! I am so very sorry. What a wonderful tribute. Your love and bond with Tiger has always been evident in your posts. My heart breaks for you.

I believe cancer eats sugar too. You can see a change in the last month and a half of Smokey's chart. She had a mass in her lung that was likely metastatic cancer.

20. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Oh how hard these condos are to write, how hard they are to read, and how the hearts of everyone here break a little more with the passing of another one of "our" kitties and their beloved beans. We are thinking of you as you grief the loss of sweet, sweet Tiger. Zener will be waiting at the bridge with so many of our beloved kitties to greet Tiger. And Tiger, send your MamaBean a message as soon as you are able.

rainbow bridge cats.jpg

21. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Ruth, I am so very sorry. I knew there was a reason I felt compelled to sign onto the Board tonight. Now I know why.... I wish there were words, there simply aren't. I so understand that bond you have with Tiger, it is similar to what was with Mannie and I. I hope that all the journeys and resulting memories that you have will be of comfort to you. She will always be with you, always. I too think Tiger saved those last few hours just to share with you. Just for you and her. Hugs to you. and Tiger - fly free. We will all miss you.

candle cat.jpg

22. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, (((Ruth))), I am so very sorry. Your sweet girl helped you through some difficult times. I love how she came into your life -- you two were meant to be together, to take care of eachother. Thinking of you and sending heart-healing vines your way.

:rb_icon:
    Fly free, sweet Tiger, and land softly.

23. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh dear Ruth, I couldn't believe it when I saw your post, I am so sad it was Tiger's time to pass. What a wonderful tribute you wrote for your heart kitty, the love you shared is so evident and she will be with you always and forever. Fly free sweet Tiger cat_wings>o

You have always been so unfailingly supportive of others and I hope you will gain some peace and comfort from the love we are sending you now:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    With deepest sympathy

24. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to see that it was Tiger's time to leave for the Bridge. I agree with Mariko and the others, those last 2 hours were as special for Tiger as they were for you. You always were there for her. It is so easy to think "If I had only ………", but don't blame yourself. It was her time, Tiger knew it and you had a beautiful farewell.

[​IMG]

25. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Donovan will greet Tiger at the Bridge...

[​IMG]

MJ

26. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences to you Ruth on the loss of your beloved Tiger. Your words reflected your deep and enduring love and those final hours of love you shared were a gift and a blessing to both of you.

27. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Ruth, I'm so sorry. I learned with Callie's passing not to second guess what I did. I know I loved her and she loved me and I did everything I could at the time with what knowledge I had. Don't second guess yourself. You loved Tiger and did everything you could for her. She loved you too and gave you the gift of saying good-bye. Fly free sweet Tiger. Sending prayers and hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

28. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Ruth)))))

What a beautiful and heartfelt tribute to a very special kitty. Tiger chose you for a reason and the two of you sound bonded. That will never change and there is a part of Tiger that will be with you always.

There is a lovely fable a former LL member shared with me. It seems to fit for you. It speaks to why we choose tears. There is a piece at the end that encourages us to fill the void that a kitty who has crossed the Bridge has left.

Fly free Tiger and land softly. We have many kitties who are adored who are with you at the Bridge to play with and keep you safe until you are reunited with the ones you love best.

29. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

Ruth; no words or hugs or vines can ease the pain of your loss just yet, but your Tiger and you will always be together. A beautiful tribute to your lovely girl. You were both lucky to have eachother through difficult times and good. The love was obvious and deep. I'm sure she wanted to say goodbye and trusted you would set her free when it was too much, and you did. No regrets on your part. So hard to type through tears, you have obviously touched many here in LL and hopefully your pain will ease with the outpouring of caring and love coming your way. Fly high and free sweet Tiger, many will watch over you at the bridge. :bighug::bighug:

30. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Cheers to a truly beautiful life. What a blessing to be able to spend so much time with such a special friend. May all of those wonderful memories bring you comfort until you meet again someday. Thanks Tiger, for everything!

31. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

I'm so sorry, Ruth. You took great care of Tiger! He's in the catnip gardens with my beloved persian, Shelby. :bighug:cat_wings>o

32. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Ruth, I'm SO SO sorry it was sweet girl's time to cross. Even when we know it's right, it doesn't make the hurt any less. Those last hours of cuddling are so special and will always be in your heart. She was a special baby to many of us. One of these days she'll send someone special your way again....

Soar high on your new angel wings sweet Tiger - landing softly back in Mama's broken heart.

BIG HUGE LOOOOOOOOOOOONG HUG,

33. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

It's so hard losing your own, and there's a little bit of it all over again when another one of the LL community passes, but . . . people need help and it's my way of paying back for all the help I got with punkin. I wouldn't have had him for that extra 2.5 years if it hadn't been for FDMB. I'm certain of it. For that gift, I can't give enough. He was my heart-kitty too.

we waited 4 months and then got 2 kittens - they don't replace Punkin, of course, but they have brought laughter to our house and lightened our hearts. They've made their own spots in our hearts, too. I hope in the right time for you, you'll have another kitty to love.

34. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss, it sounds like Tiger brought a lifetime of joy into your life. As much as it hurts when we have to say good bye it all seems so worth it because of the many years of love that they provide. My heart goes out to you during your time of loss.

35. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. (Hugs)

Wendy

36. Andrea&Tennessee (GA)

Andrea&Tennessee (GA) Well-Known Member

Ruth,
    I am so very sorry to hear about Tigers passing. You were both so very lucky to have each other in your lives.
    She knew how much you loved her.:bighug::bighug:

37. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Ruth))))) So many tears here for you, my friend. I will always remember when you and the beautiful Tiger came to FDMB. You love for your gorgeous girl has always been so apparent and so strong. Thank you for sharing her story with us. Please do not beat yourself up....I feel she needed that time with you as much as you needed it with her but she was just telling you Sunday that it was time....that is was ok then. I know you didn't allow her to suffer and you would have known if it was time before then. You gave her the greatest gifts.....love and wonderful, caring treatment her whole life and the ability to transition peacefully when her little body was worn out.

I hope that one day, this will bring you comfort. I know now, it is too soon....but there is such hope here that one day, it will make you smile. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

The Ridge by Carol Notermann
    It’s been such a lovely summer, I’ve been napping in the sun.
    This morning, other cats and I enjoyed a long long run.
    We chased butterflies together. I climbed high into a tree.
    And now I think what woke me up was that small bumble bee.

I’ve yawned and stretched, and still I feel that something has begun.
    He’s standing there in robes of white, and telling me to come.
    I always run to Him you know, when He comes across the bridge
    To see if we’re all having fun and if we’ve checked the ridge.

He gives tummy rubs to all of us and pets and cuddles too
    I’m glad to see Him every day, when He comes into view.
    Each day He takes a different cat, and chats with them a while
    Then off that kitty starts to run. I swear they seem to smile.

But now He’s stopped in front of me. He’s said a name I know.
    He said to look out towards the ridge. The sun is setting low.
    I start to walk out toward the ridge, and then what’s that I see.
    IT’S YOU! IT’S YOU! It’s really you. You’ve come to be with me!

My goodness you are running and I am running too!
    You stop to bend, but I can jump and now I am with you.
    I feel your kisses on my head, as I did in long off days
    You’re holding me and hugging me, and into your eyes I gaze.

And now He’s walking with us, as you carry me once more
    We’ve crossed Rainbow Bridge together. We’re here at Heaven’s door.
    And He has held it open, and told us to walk through
    That from now on and forever, I can always be with you.

Fly free, Sweet Tiger. Follow the light.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  38. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

Ruth, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending so much love and all my prayers your way. What a beautiful tribute to your special kitty. :bighug::bighug:

39. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Thank you so much, I love you all so much...I'm crying all over again....As I said before, the luckiest day of my life was when Tiger joined our family, but the next luckiest day was when I found you wonderful people! You helped us so much

MJ, oh my goodness, Donovan looks exactly like my GA tuxie Junior- He's so beautiful!

(((Wendy))) Thank you so much- you can probably guess how badlymy heart was breaking for you when you lost Tiggy, prayers and vines for you!

Julie, I just read Punkin's Last Condo- I did not know how badly he suffered, I am so sorry. But I now understand and also feel compelled to give back as well, because like you said, where would we have been without this community! I loved the Punkin Videos- he was very special!

@Marje and Gracie That day you and Elise were helping me with my spreadsheet? That was a big meltdown day for me, I just want you both to know, I was desparately looking for answers and trying to fix my spreadsheet and ended messing it up. I was losing it, and you and Elise saved me, I cannot thank you enough!

40. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I finally stopped crying enough after reading your loving tribute to write to you. Then I got interrupted by Max wanting to sit on my tablet. What a loving tribute about a beautiful and special kitty by a remarkable and loving person! I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so true that we never have them long enough. I wish I could help dull your pain. I will have to let the happy memories of Tiger do that. She was so lucky to have found you as you were to have found her. It was a unique bond. That is why I am positive that she needed the extra time with you just as badly. Then you gave her that one final last gift. She will always be with you. I hope you can feel all the love being sent to you from all of us that got to share you and Tiger. Thank you for all the support you have offered to me and so many others. Please don't be a stranger. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

41. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry (((((((Ruth))))))) I'm sure Tiger appreciated those last hours cuddling with you as much as you did so please don't let yourself feel bad about that. I would want some special time with my special someone before I left, that was a very precious time for you both.

Tiger was such a special kitty, she will never leave your heart. Fly free now Tiger in peace and pain free :rb_icon: I will light my candle for you tonight and shed some more tears, of sadness and of joy for a life so well lived.

42. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Ruth ...

Knowing how much you love her, and after reading your beautiful tribute to your beloved Tiger I couldn't write for the tears, and it is with a very, very heavy heart that I write now.

I am grateful for all the love and happiness you shared with Tiger, and there are no words for how sad I am that you have been parted. My heart aches for you.

(((Ruth and Spirit Tiger)))

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

43. Millie and Cooper

Millie and Cooper Member

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious Tiger. She was your little soul kitty and she will always be with you.cat_wings>o

44. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Ruth I feel your pain... even more today when my best friends cat got attacked by a dog on Friday.

Severed the tail nerves and left her needing to have her bladder expressed three times a day. Probably a tail amputation later.

My best friend wasn't sure if the cat (being very nervy) would handle it but they would give it a go since they wanted to give her the best chance. Spent over $2000 on three days of hospitalization and tests.

And then, she somehow escaped from her carrier while leaving the vets yesterday into a heavily wooded area. They can't find her, and in her weakened state, and unable to urinate on her own.. she doesn't have long. I feel so bad for her I can stop crying as the poor cat is likely going to meet a painful lonely end. They are hunting the wood and putting out traps and food etc etc but its been 24 hours and no sign.. Makes me feel a little better that Tiggy had a comfortable passing...

45. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

What a pretty girl. Your tribute was so loving and moving. They mean so much in our lives.

sending hugs and comforting thoughts.

Anne & Hyde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.