Becca and Evee

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Becca&Evee, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becca&Evee

Becca&Evee New Member

Hello. I have just a four year old cat who was diagnosed with type II diabetes a few months ago. I was hoping with Evee being so young that I could get her into remission quickly. I switched her over to an all raw food diet. She gets a mix of raw chicken and raw turkey. Right now she is on two units of insulin (prozinc) twice a day.

Since Evee is so young and energetic I'm having a very hard time getting her to sit still for home testing, but I should save that for a different post.

I'm getting very stressed and overwhelmed with this situation and hope to find some good support on this site.

Cheers!

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Becca and extra sweet Evee!

If you'll go over to the Feline Health subforum, you'll find loads of information there. When you have a question, feel free to ask! We all get the 'very stressed and overwhelmed'....we were there.

HUGS

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.
    Please see my signature link Secondary Monitoring Tools so you can get some looser observations which will help you assess your cat.
    Checking here - Just meat is not a balanced diet. Please go to Cat Info to read about feline nutrition per vet Dr Pierson and see her recipe for raw food to make sure you aren't leaving out any critical nutrients.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Becca and Evee, welcome to FDMB :) I'm also a newbie here as my kitty was only diagnosed a few weeks ago. I am still in the same stage as you of being stressed and overwhelmed. Everyone here is so helpful with answering questions and making suggestions, so supportive. Good luck! Evee's photo is so beautiful :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.