Behaviorists?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KarenCosmo, Jul 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KarenCosmo

KarenCosmo Member

Has anyone had a successful experience with a cat behaviorist?

My non-diabetic cat, Henry, is still peeing outside the litter box. I’ve tried everything I can think of with little progress.

My vet gave me contact info for 2 Behaviorists. One comes to your house (which I think would be ideal) and the other has a huge questionnaire to fill out, then you meet at her office (no home visit).

I called the home guy twice and left messages but received no return call.

Do you think an office visit can be productive?

Can anyone recommend someone in the Long Island area?

Thanks!

2. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Karen

I absolutely recommend a behaviorist, Paula Garber. Paula is not out on the Island but she may be able to help over the phone and through email if she doesn't travel that far. I guess it depends on how far out you are. She's in Briarclifff Manor, NY in Westchester County.
    I used Paula to help me introduce my civie Buddy to Ming and Beenie a little over a year ago. She is AMAZING! She is on vacation this week though as I sent her an email at the beginning of the week. Website below, check it out. Best of luck!!

http://lifelinecatbehavior.com/

3. KarenCosmo

KarenCosmo Member

Thatnks for the response. I just got a call back yesterday from the guy I called. He’s able to come to my house next week so that’s good. I expected to have to wait a few weeks.
    It’s expensive but it he can help it will be wotth it.

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Have you tried dr elseys attracts litter?

5. KarenCosmo

KarenCosmo Member

Yes. Everyone but the cat with the issue was attracted to it. haha

We have tried everything I can think of or was suggested to me. He’s gotten better since we started crating him when we’re not home and overnight (rather than confining to the bathroom) but I still feel like I cannot trust him to leave him out all the time.

This Dr seems to think it can be easily fixed.
    I sure hope so. I really need to get things back on track before we go on vacation

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Ahhhh , hate that you have to crate him, :( hope it gets better very soon

7. KarenCosmo

KarenCosmo Member

Thanks. I hate it too but it’s less stressful for everyone while we’re working through this. Including him I think.

8. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

We have an enormous dog training crate big enough for a medium size litter box and some carpeted shelving higher up. It was $100+ ten years ago but is solid, folds down flat, removable bottom tray and can be cleaned with a garden hose or even at a car wash.

9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Let us know how it goes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.