Bella’s new journey part 3

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bellasmom, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Could be a tiny baby bounce from the blues last night. Wait until PMPS to poke again. :)

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Pmps 295

4. Kris & Teasel

Get a +2 or +3 for evening data. Flat yellows are fine at this point in your Lantus journey.

Bellasmom likes this.
  5. Bellasmom

yes, thankful not reds or blacks
    Can cat have to much water, like I put a lot of water into everything he eats cause I’m so scared he will get ketone thing and cost 4000 to fix

6. Kris & Teasel

No, if he's getting water by drinking or in food it's fine. I put a lot of water in Teasel's wet food. The problems can arise when people are doing subQ fluids and kitty has heart issues.

7. Bellasmom

8. Kris & Teasel

Probably good enough for tonight. :)

Bellasmom likes this.
  9. Bellasmom

Amps 287

10. Kris & Teasel

I love the flatness! I think an increase will be in the works on the weekend. You have to be patient using Lantus and SLGS. :)

Bellasmom likes this.
  11. Bellasmom

Just did +2. 230

12. Bellasmom

I’ve noticed here lately he’s pretty much just eating the primal raw, he doesn’t really want the dr elseys anymore, 2 others love the primal but heck at 28.00 a bag can’t afford to feed 3 cats that

13. Kris & Teasel

Give give it time. He might change his mind and keeping all cats happy food wise is important especially if they have access to each others’.

14. Bellasmom

Yeah it's all super low carbs

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  15. Bellasmom

+5 166, do I need to worry about it going to low?

16. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Answered on your lantus thread (no worries yet, but keep an eye on things).

You probably want to keep all the advice requests on the blow-by-blow of BG numbers to one forum/thread-- it does get confusing otherwise.

17. Bellasmom

Sorry, thank you

18. Bellasmom

So if I post the numbers on this forum don’t post in the title of my thread on lantus forum?? Just want to make sure I do it right

19. Nan & Amber (GA)

What follows is how I see things, other folks who also use both forums may have a different take on this, but here goes:

The lantus forum has pretty definite rules about posting, because members there are following so many cats, they really need to be able to quickly refer back through histories before they want to offer any advice (it's too hard to remember details). It's maybe not quite as critical for those following SLGS, but TR is an aggressive dosing strategy, so no one wants to give advice without as much knowledge of the situation as possible. Hence the suggestion to put a link to the previous "condo" at the top of the current one-- that gives an easy way to see the whole story by flipping back as long as necessary.

So, there are two problems, from this perspective, in posting on both this forum and L+L to get input on daily numbers. First, the history is hard to discern if it's happening in two different places. Second, you could potentially be getting different advice in the two places. Worst of all is the combination of the two problems-- an L+L user could be giving advice that contradicts FH advice, possibly even giving incorrect or dangerous advice, because they haven't seen the full history. You really don't want this happening!

As for how to deal with it, one way is to use Lantus for all discussions of BG and dosing, and reserve Feline Health threads for other health questions. I think both Kris and I do check the Lantus forum periodically even if we don't spend most of our time there, so you could still get input from some of the people who have been commenting on your threads here. It's good to have an established presence in L+L (regular condos, regular commenting on the condos of others), for the times when you really do need the above-and-beyond expertise that is offered there.

That said, L+L isn't for everyone, so the other option is to stick to Feline Health for most of your posts, and that would be just fine. It's really up to you.

Bellasmom likes this.
  20. Bellasmom

I, always afraid I, gonna post it wrong over there, I know they have strict rules to follow and I understand why as it is very busy over there, I was just afraid like you or Chris or others that help me won’t see what I post

21. Nan & Amber (GA)

I can't speak for Kris, but I do check Lantus periodically through the day. I don't comment on most of the posts, but I do "keep an eye on" a handful of cats I know from here. Bella would definitely be a cat I'd look out for :).

Kris & Teasel and Bellasmom like this.
  22. Bellasmom

Thank you so much, I’m sure Kris probably does to

23. Bellasmom

Bella and I have a long long way on here and I’m so grateful

Magic Johnson likes this.
  24. Kris & Teasel

Great advice from Nan. I do check the Lantus forum but almost never give dosing advice over there unless someone is stuck and hasn't had a timely reply.

25. Kris & Teasel

I do the same.

26. Kris & Teasel

Don't worry - I follow you. If I've started helping someone regularly I always follow them because I want to see whether anything I've suggested is working or needs to be changed. I have a mental list of "my people" that I keep tabs on.

27. Bellasmom

Is the lantus starting to,work,better because it’s day 5

28. Kris & Teasel

Could be. This is data for your baseline dose and the depot is full and doing its thing. Do the curve on Saturday and then the dose can by increased if the numbers continue to be similar to the yellows and blues you've seen so far.

This takes a lot of patience but you can see how calm his numbers have been and almost all very reasonable. It's been a great start. :)

29. Bellasmom

Thanks, the pmps wasn’t to bad either 212

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.