best feeding advice, 200 calories a day?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by PeterDevonMocha, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

My cousin took her cat to the vet today, and the vet was very displeased with her cat's "roll" on her tummy. He told her if she keeps eating the dry cat food the way she is right now, she will soon be as big as New York state! :shock: So anyways, she called me for advice and I really didn't know what to tell her other then what we feed mocha.

She said ashy is a shorter framed cat, but her belly is HUGE! She says right now she weighs I believe 11.2lbs, and the vet said she needs to be introduced to wet cat food, one cat a day and one serving of dry a day. She should be on a diet of 200 calories a day. I don't know if this is unreasonable or not.

I told her we feed mocha Special Kitty from wal mart, but I am NOT impressed with the quality and we are hoping to change to something else soon.

But I don't really have any other knowledge to pass onto her. Can anyone offer any advice?

2. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

There is a post about Nutrition Requirements of cats over on the Think Tank board. Here's the link!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=659

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.