? Best way to handle a day away from home?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA), Dec 7, 2018.

1. Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA)

Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA) Member

We are following TR and wonder about the best way to handle Christmas or any other day away. We have been feeding/shots 8:30am and 8:30pm since Thanksgiving. We will be away Christmas from 10am to 8pm. The problem would be his nadir checks etc. Is it best to just give a snack around the "supposed" time - I do have a timed feeder? Or is it best to decrease his shot a bit that morning? I tried searching on this but could not quite get the parameters right to get a good answer. How do you all handle this? Thanks.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What I did depended on what sort of nadirs Neko was getting on the dose. If they were close to the line and she looked like she was itching for a reduction, I reduced three cycles before hand, so the depot wouldn’t still be in play the day I was away. Plus used the autofeeder with a snack at her “usual” nadir time. If her nadirs were still upper green or above, I just loaded the auto feeder with her usual meals.