Better BG numbers at night

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole and Napoleon, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole and Napoleon

Nicole and Napoleon Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed this with their babies? Napoleon was just increased in his insulin and his numbers seem to be better at night. No change in feeding, he gets the same amount of food PMPS that he does AMPS and he gets a half can before I go to bed about +5, +6 PMPS. I don't get it. Could this be his body still adjusting to the new dose and I will hopefully start seeing green numbers during the day? If you look at his spreadsheet you can see where he has had higher numbers the past few days, but lower at night. Could this be a panicky liver just holding on to those higher numbers? This diabetes stuff is mind boggling @-)

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

It could be due to daytime activity --

Exercise burns sugar -- so if your kitty is more active in the daytime than the nighttime and everything else is equal ----- lower blood sugar during the day (at PMPS)

3. Nicole and Napoleon

I apologize and should have been more specific. I guess what I meant was overnight, after his PM shot.

4. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

I have seen this too with my Oscar. Someone posted about this a few weeks ago and cited some research that showed the same thing in humans. Something about the 'Dawn Effect' making morning numbers higher than evening numbers.

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

mochas numbers do the same thing. She is almost always lower at night then in the morning. I have heard that even a cat ready to go OTJ will often have higher morning numbers up till the end. It's one of the last numbers to come down from what I have heard.

6. Nicole and Napoleon

Thank you. Glad to know I am not the only one seeing this pattern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.