BG 194 @ +10 husband gives shot tonight I'm at work help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patty & Teal'c, Jan 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Teal'c has a 194 BG at +10 I leave for work in 30 mins. Husband gives night Time shot but doesn't test hasn't learned how. I'm afraid to let him go ahead and shoot tonight. What do I do??? Wish I didn't have to work.

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

You can test again before you leave (don't give Teal'c food in between), see if he's going up again (can't tell from his spreadsheet which way he's going right now!). Post the number here if there's any doubt.

Is 1.75U your normal dose right now? (asking because it's 2.5 in the [edit-- ̶s̶p̶r̶e̶a̶d̶s̶h̶e̶e̶t̶] signature)

3. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Yes 1.75 is the normal dose now. I'll update the SS to reflect this. The 2.5 was what the vet prescribed in the beginning. I leave here in 15 mins for work just worried about Teal'c going too low he never test this low not sure why the sudden change.

The only thing that's changed is the length of the needle. Went with a shorter needle syringe with half dose Mark's to help with measuring 1.75.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  4. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

He may be spending a lot of his time bouncing from blue (or even lower) numbers that you haven't been able to catch yet. Looking on the spreadsheet, he at least got to yellows on 12/30 and 1/1, who knows what else he got up to!

Given that he's spending so much time in the stratosphere, I suspect that's where he'll head again tonight, but we do want to be sure of that before shooting given the fact that you won't be able to check him.

5. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Hummm must have been a bad test for some reason he is now @ 373. So will have husband shoot as normal.

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  6. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Great that your husband is willing to give the insulin shot. Time to get your husband to learn to test.:smuggrin: I know he has been reluctant, but it's great to have someone else that is able to test if you are at work.

Patty & Teal'c likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.