BG 77 - 1st time testing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by debneric, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debneric

debneric New Member

Bought a Relion Micro today. Just tested dude for the first time, BG 77. About 1/2 hr prior to normal shot time. I use Lantus. He currently receives 1 unit twice daily. I am obviously not going to give him his shot tonight. He is not back to eating normally since his hospitalization last monday. I was going to wait and restest in the morning. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you.
    Debbie and Dude

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

whoa! nice number there but yeah, hold off on the shot for now. let me round up some people more experienced with lantus than i to make sure but you can shoot lantus on lower numbers like that but usually after you've gathered substantial data and given this is your first test, i'd say you don't have the data to warrant it.

hey, on a side note, did you send an email re: hometesting kits this weekend? if so, i replied to you so check your emails :) (i ask because the name looks familiar)

3. debneric

debneric New Member

Yes you did respond to my e-mail. We would still like to send a donation and now that I have you address I will send it out. Thank you.

4. debneric

debneric New Member

Updating: Dude's BG this am was 150, so I gave him 1 unit Lantus. He drank about 1 cup of water yesterday which is a lot for him. His eating is improving.

We can tell he is feeling better because for the past three mornings he has come upstairs to our bedroom and helped himself to the warm bed and great company. It has actually been about 1 1/2 yrs since he has done this. Never knew or thought that his diabetes was probably the cause.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Welcome!

I'd like to encourage you to list out all of your blood glucose (BG) test results because Dude's numbers look really good! If you can put together a spreadsheet (SS), there is a templatein the Tech Forum, we will be much better able to help you.

I'd like to encourage you to post on the Lantus forum. We are very numbers driven there so having a SS to record your home testing data is really necessary. There is also a huge amount of information on the Lantus board about dosing, storage of the insulin, how Lantus works, etc. Please take a look at the permanent notes that are at the top of the Board.

Given that Dude is already seeing lower numbers, I want to echo Cindy's suggestion that you join us on the Lantus board. There are a large number of people there who are familiar with Lantus use and we will be happy to lend you a hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.