BG at 153 this morning? Reduce dose?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sudio3, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Sudio3

Sudio3 Member

Hi All,
    Nudi's blood sugar was at 153 this morning. This happened another time when he woke up with his BG at 188 and I gave him 1.5 units instead of 2 units. I'm thinking of just giving him his normal 2 units? I will be gone a big portion of the day though so won't be able to check in in the middle of the day. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you!!

2. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Hi. Without much midday data to see how low he tends to go, I would be hesitant to give the full dose if you can't be around to monitor. It could be that the full dose is exactly what he needs, that the 153 is just a nice overlap, but it's not easy to tell.

That data you do have show that he tends to drop about 50% on the dose . . . which is great! but from 153, that would put him right on the cusp of the limes using an AT meter.

Although it's only one data point, he did fine on 1.5u on the 188. If it were me, I might try a smidge more than that. Can you measure a 1.75? I assume you're using U40s with half-unit markings. If so, you can draw a 1.75 by putting the *bottom* of the black plunger on the "2" line . . . So: if you would typically draw 2u putting the top of the plunger on the 2 line, do that, and then move the plunger up until the bottom of it is on the line instead. You'll see then that the top of the plunger will be pretty much between the 2 line and the 1.5 line. (Sorry if that doesn't make sense. Still waiting for the coffee to kick in.)

Caveat is that I see Nudi has some other health issues. I don't know how those may/may not affect your dosing decisions.

Rachel likes this.
  3. Sudio3

Sudio3 Member

Lol yes this makes perfect sense thank you! This is exactly what I did. I'll test him before I leave for the day as well. We'll see how he does. Thank you!!