BG curve 8/13 - 8/14, values 497 - 623

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CLS, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLS

CLS Member

I'm Nayeli. - My mom Chris, found me 13 years ago by her back door. - May 18 I was diagnosed with diabetes. So twice a day I receive 1 unit of PZI insulin. For my high blood pressure I take L. Amlodipine once daily. I enjoy a variety of foods like Fancy Feast, Friskies, Authority and a few others. Right now we check my BG with the AlphaTrak 2 and ReliOn Confirm.

Last two weeks BG has stayed well above 350 - 623. BG curve 8/13 - 8/14, values 497 - 623. Not sure what is happening, any help, thoughts would be of great interest. Vet to review curve 8/15. thank you

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd repost over in the Health Forum

This forum is mostly just for introductions....advice is given in the other forums

We use Lantus, so I'm not familiar with PZI so I don't have a lot of advice for you....and being this late on Sunday, there aren't a lot of people online right now so it may be awhile before you get some experience eyes

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

4. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome and good job on home testing. :bighug:

You have done 2 curves which you show on tabs on your spreadsheet. It would be useful if you could put the curve test numbers on the main spreadsheet. That way all the information is on one tab.

As Sharon suggested if it is possible to get some mid cycle tests each day that would show what is happening on a regular basis.

5. CLS

CLS Member

I am so great full I found this family and all the help and information available. I am still working on learning my way around/using the message board, I do apologize if I end up in the wrong place/forum.

When I place the BG curve numbers on the main page/tab do I need to make a special note it was a curve? By doing, some mid cycle tests each day how many hours between should I spread them out.

Currently I test at 9:30 am and 9:30 pm. Vet visit 8/15, was great for BP, she is down to 144, wgt 7.03. Vet has not changed her PZI dose of 1 unit BID. She mentioned that because we do have some low numbers popping up now and then, her pancreas is trying to kick in. The bad news is her BUN value was 61.0 on an in house test. She received sub q fluids at the office and we will return on Wed for another round of sub q fluids.

Could you please help getting me over to the Prizinc/PZI Form, thank you again.

6. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

It takes time to get used to the layout of the forum. I was lost the first few weeks I started posting. Don't worry if you make a mistake..someone will help point you in the right direction. ;)

When you add the numbers from the curve to your spreadsheet, it will be obvious that it was a curve so no need to notate anything. By having all the numbers on the spreadsheet it makes it easier to see all the data in one spot. When doing tests in between curves, always test before each shot and make sure Nayeli has no food for at least 2 hours before the preshot test. This gives a "true" number with no food influencing the glucose number. With PZI insulin it would be useful to get a test at +2 hours after shot and possibly +4 hours after shot. This will show if there are any bigger drops after the shot. Of course the more tests you have the more data you gain and data is always useful.

The link to the PZI/Prozinc forum is here:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/prozinc-pzi.24/

There are some very experienced people there can offer lots of good advice. :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.