BG Fluctuating need advice on AM dose today!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Laura & Bundy, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura & Bundy

Laura & Bundy Member

Good Morning! I've been posting on the Prozinc forum but need some immediate feedback on what dose to give this cat today. He's been running very high since we started, but when we got to 4U started to go down, only it's not so gradual nor is it consistent. Sometimes he's very high, other times quite low. Now this morning I'm seeing his BG at 200+ on the Relion and 300+ on the AT, so I'm a little afraid that if I give him the full dose of 4, he's going to go too low, so what are the suggestions please.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  2. Laura & Bundy

Laura & Bundy Member

1 hour later and he's at 324 Relion and AT 395.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

What did you end up giving him?

4. Laura & Bundy

Laura & Bundy Member

3.75 and I wanted to ask you ahead of time, if his +2 numbers or after that start to drop too much, what should I do? Feed high carb food? Wait and see? What would you read as dropping too fast or too much? I'm very excited though, to see those numbers PS, first time really.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You'd start with a teaspoon or two of his regular low carb wet food, wait 30 minutes or so and retest. If his drop has slowed or stalled you can retest in an hour maybe. If the drop has continued to be fast, give another couple of teaspoons of low carb food. It's generally best to up the carb content only when they're hovering around 50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.