BG has been going up. Should I adjust dose?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kathy and Mr. B.E., May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Mr. B.E.

Kathy and Mr. B.E. Member

Hello,

I've been giving 1 unit and low carb food for 6 days now. The BG was lower day before yesterday and trending up, although the numbers look somewhat erratic. Should I continue with 1 unit until I see steadier numbers even if they are higher? Or give a little more? SS is up to date with all the tests I've made since I managed to do one.

Thanks from a newbie!

Kathy

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

You're doing a great job of starting home testing and collecting data. While it looks like a dose increase may be in order, I'd be more comfortable if there was a little more to go on. How many hours after the PM shot would you be able to get a test this evening? You have one +4 from a few days ago. Is that a time when you can usually test?

3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

I'm going to say hold the 1.0U for another day or so because I think his AM cycle was a bounce. Don't mean to sound demanding or anything but can you try to get before bed tests? :smuggrin:

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Lol...oops. Now we both sound demanding! ;) Sorry for the double post, Kathy! Please don't feel ganged up on! You're doing a great job!

Caitlin M likes this.
  5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I agree with Yong. An increase is probably in order, but let's hold it for a day and see what happens first...just so we can try to see if that number was a bounce. :)

6. Yong & Maury GA

Don't feel ganged up on, Djamila and I do this A LOT without planning lol :)

Caitlin M likes this.
  7. Kathy and Mr. B.E.

Thanks for the quick feedback!
    I really need to get to bed before +4 ...I'm getting up earlier testing & giving insulin and can't stay up so late like I've always done. This may actually be good for me to get my own sleeping on schedule and get the amount I need:). I'll go for +3, though. I was thinking yesterday I probably needed to increase because it's gradually up, but the number this morning seemed way off so I was thinking I'd better continue to monitor.

8. Yong & Maury GA

That's totally fine! Didn't mean to imply you should stay up later :). It's literally a before you go to bed test lol. Taking care of Maury and having him on a schedule has helped my own sleep schedule. I still have to fight my night owl tendencies sometimes though :rolleyes:.

Rachel and Kathy and Mr. B.E. like this.
  9. Kathy and Mr. B.E.

I've always been a night own and usually stay up till midnight or later when I don't have work the next day, but that doesn't work with insulin at the same early time each morning! Here it is +3.5 and I'm still up. I got the test at +3.25 and added to the SS. I won't have time to be on the computer in the morning, but will give 1 unit and record the BG when I get to work on my computer there. I appreciate everyone's help here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.