? BG level - have only injected half dose.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amy Dobson, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy Dobson

Amy Dobson Member

Apologies I've not managed to plot Murphy's curves yet - though I'm going to have a child free morning, so I should be able to.
    It's twelve hours since Murphy's injection. He's usually fairly high in the morning, though the numbers have crept from 26's to 18's. This morning it was 14.1. After food it was 16.1.
    I know guidelines say that newbies shouldn't shoot under 10, but I felt uncomfortable giving him his whole shot, given he has a tendency to spike quite low (for him) - 5's and 7's. So I've only given him 0.5u.
    I'm now concerned I've done the wrong thing and will upset the course of events as his curves have been going along nicely. I would really appreciate knowing what people with more experience would do in my situation (given I have far far less experience).
    Apologies again that I'm not illustrating this with a graph, but I'm hoping to put them up shortly.

2. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

That's absolutely fine, Amy. :cat:

You got a preshot number that was lower than usual, and you reduced the dose because you were concerned he'd drop too low/fast on the usual dose. That sounds eminently sensible to me (especially given that you're using Caninsulin).

If the .5 turns out not to be enough, well, no matter. This is only one cycle out of many; and it may provide you with some useful information.
    And it may be that he does fine on the .5. ;)

Please don't be concerned.
    Big reassuring hug to you, :bighug:

Eliz

Amy Dobson likes this.
  3. Amy Dobson

Amy Dobson Member

Thank you Eliz. Ill plot him through the day then and see what this evening brings :cat::)

4. Amy Dobson

Amy Dobson Member

So his evening reading is 18. Which is still lower for him. Not sure what it means, but I feel ok to revert to his 1u. Does that make sense? Thank you :):cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.