BG Numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Rhonda T, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhonda T

Rhonda T Member

Tonight was the first time I could test two hours apart. Oreo has been getting Vetsulin (2 units/2x a day) since last Friday night when he was at 561. His numbers have been dropping and we were down to 226 this morning! Tonight just before feeding he was at 326. I was disappointed after having two prior readings in the 200s. So I decided to test again tonight two hours after feeding. He's down to 284. Is this "normal" ? After seeing a couple readings in the 200s I was so excited so the 326 wasn't what I wanted tonight. Should he have dropped more than he did two hours post feeding too? Thanks in advance for any insight, this is all so new to me.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Vetsulin only starts working about 2 hours after the shot, plus there's still food influence. I'd say 326 to 284 in 2 hours is a pretty good drop. If you can, get a +4.

Rhonda T likes this.
  3. Rhonda T

Rhonda T Member

Thanks for the info Janet. I didn't know that about Vetsulin. I'm going to try to do a 12-hr curve on Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.