BG of 83 ?????

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hobbes Mom, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes Mom

Hobbes Mom New Member

HI! I’m a little nervous. My cat had a reading of 173 before dinner? I gave him his normal dose of Lantus 2u. I checked him +3 and he’s down to 83! He ate all of his dinner and he seems fine but he has never dropped like that before. He usually spikes right after his meals???? Should I have reduced his dose? We had no overlap? We were right on time for both doses today. Do you think he will drop more? I have my SS uploaded??? I’m afraid to go to bed?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Reason for edit: Added no overlap info
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

What kind of meter are you using? Hobbes is still quite safe right now but depending on what meter you are using, may determine the advice we'd offer.

3. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey there, have you gotten another test in?
    How is Hobbes doing?

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

@Barbara & Uncle I've been watching for a response for 30 minutes. Not sure what's going on!

5. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Yes, i noticed that it's been a while since you asked about the meter and didn't know of you were still around so I thought I'd try to follow up.
    I'm a little concerned because the PMPS to +3 is a pretty active drop - as I'm sure you took note of as well. Hmmm

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes I am concerned too. It looks like an active cycle and I just wanted to be sure we were dealing with a human and not a pet meter. Sometimes folks get the wrong sheet in the beginning. I'm gonna check back in 30 minutes or so and if nothing by then, I'm gonna hit the sack & try to get some sleep. I'll be wondering though......

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I've been watching too

Hope she comes back soon

8. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Ok, hopefully Tonnie will pop back on soon. At least you will know we'll be here for them if they get into any trouble.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  9. MrWorfMen's Mom

Thank you Barb and Chris! :)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  10. Hobbes Mom

Hobbes Mom New Member

11. Hobbes Mom

Hobbes Mom New Member

I am sooooo sorry! HOBBES is fine!!!! We are using a human meter. I panicked shortly after my post and fed him a few tablespoons of HC cat food. Our +10 reading was 310? I did not receive any of the alerts until 4:30 am. I’m not sure why? I interrupted my phone during an update to post my question and I think that may have caused the delay. I’m so glad to see all the replies this morning! I was a little disappointed when I thought I had no response. I’m finding great comfort knowing I can post and receive almost instant help. THANK YOU!

12. MrWorfMen's Mom

Thanks for the update. Glad to know Hobbes is OK. Feeding the HC was fine and probably aborted the cycle which is sometimes necessary so you can get some sleep. Not sure if you tested Hobbes again after the high carb food but when faced with a low BG that early in the cycle, it's a good idea to do so to make sure he is holding good numbers. A lot can happen between +3 and +10 when there is an early drop. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.