Bibo's 2nd skipped evening shot.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Taline & Bibo, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Just like 2 days ago, Bibo's PMPS numbers were too low to give him a shot, but I got up at 2:00 am which was +21 and tested him and it was 115, so back to sleep and checked his bg in the morning after half an hour of his meal,and it was 146. So I'll be giving him .05, or fat zero today too and see in the evening. I'll be gone all day again, but I'll have my husband check on him. Have a nice sunday my friends and thank you for your good wishes to my mom, she's only 60 and she needs it.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

You are doing such a good job for your kitty, Taline, and at such a difficult time for you. I am so sorry to hear about your mother and I am wishing for better news for her today. Bibo will do fine while you concentrate on your mom.

3. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

It's +12 and his bg is 130, still low to shoot. I'm frustrated that I can't get a shootable number, because it's so hard to poke him again and again to check for bg approaching 150.

4. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

um you are frustrated by yet another unshootable number? Do you know how silly that sounds? ohmygod_smile :lol:

5. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

awww, a lot of people would kill for that problem, taline! :)
    i know your life is stressful right now. bibo is doing great, so just take things one day at a time (or one shot at a time) with him.
    how is your mom? is she doing better?

6. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Hi Chris and my friends, my mom is not doing well, her hepathic panel enzymes are so high, she has jaundice, and still waiting for the liver biopsy and detailed blood work results, in order to decide if we need to transfer her to UCLA. I'm devastated, but I have to face the reality. Bibo's doing good, please check his ss. I'm still gonna give him that tiny dose now, even if his bg is 147. I won't be home again all day, but I have plenty of ff food for him to eat, so he doesn't go too low. Please give me some insight of what you think of Bibo's number. I wish I could see more greens, but I think with the blues, his pancreas is still on ease. Have a good monday, and thanks.

7. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

I think that those numbers are pretty darn good, and considering all that is going on in your life, aiming for perfection aka greens might be a bit much to ask for right now. There is no way to know for sure whether those numbers are causing damage, but if he is feeling better etc. then I'd be happy where you are for now.

Hugs

8. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Taline, I think you are doing great, that tiny dose seems to be working well for him. I would just keep doing what you are doing for now. You might want to shoot that tiny dose in the evening if his PS gets high enough, but other than that, I wouldn't change anything until you can be home to monitor. See what Chris thinks, she has more experience than I do, particularly with micro-dosing!

Sending prayers for your mom, I hope you get those test results soon and can get her the treatment she needs. :YMHUG:

9. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

i think you made a sound choice and he's doing well. your mom is your priority now, and bibo is doing great just like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.