Bibo's bg is 50, should I worry?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Taline & Bibo, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Hello my friends,
    I just checked Bibo's bg after giving him a small meal 45 min. ago and it is 50. As you all know he hasn't had a an insulin shot for over 3 days now, and I was wondering if 50 is a worrisome number. Please let me know, because I don't know if I should feed him more caloric (carb) food.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

A BG of 50 is fine if a kitty has not had insulin for three days. Keep up the good work.

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

You should celebrate! That's a normal number. Just keep checking and recording when you can. Pretty soon you may be able to declare him "off the juice"! (Anti jinx)

4. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

my cat harry is a civie and he got 50 and 52 readings all the time.
    it's a WONDERFUL number, and you should be jumping up and down with glee!!! (i am!) :D

5. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

That's great!!! I am jumping now that you all said it's fine. Thought 50 was too low. Anyhow, thank you for responding so quickly. And my mom's liver enzymes are slowly going down too. What a wonderful world! So grateful for everything.

6. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Great news about your mom, I hope the news continues to get better and better. Beautiful number from Bibo, big chin scritches for him.

7. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Yay, great news on Bibo's number and that your mom's enzymes are coming down! Wonderful to hear that!

You don't have to worry about Bibo having a hypoglycemic episode when he isn't getting insulin shots. No insulin=no hypo risk.

Bibo, keep up the good work! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.