big drop in BG

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ppp, Nov 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppp

ppp Member

Tonight, Tut had his lowest ever BG prior to the evening meal/Lanutus shot, of 235. Pre-shot read has consistently been above 300, since we started insulin 11/11. He was in high 300s at vets prior to that. I don't have a full chart yet. I've been testing at various times per day, with the intention of putting a curve together. Our vet initially recommended 3 Units, and I cut that back per 'go slow' recommendations here, so haven't been too worried about getting too low. His lowest Ever (anytime tested) previously was 167 (6 hours after his am shot today.) Seems like this is probably good. But, I'm wondering if I should be worried about the extent of the drop. He ate more than usual today. He's gained 1 lb. since 11/11 (after losing 4 over the last few months) (was 17; now 14); behavior has been much improved; seems happy.

I see I didn't get a read last night. Yesterday am, preshot he was 334.

I'd appreciate any input. Should I sleep?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You need to give us permission to see your spreadsheet

Go to the top right and hit "Share" and make sure it's set to "anyone with the link can view"
    [​IMG]

3. ppp

ppp Member

4. ppp

ppp Member

I'm not seeing anything on the top right to hit "share"

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

6. ppp

ppp Member

Thanks for clarifying. Perhaps this will actually be helpful someday, but as you can (now) see, there is almost nothing there.

It is something I am moving up on. Meanwhile using the book that came with the monitor (Relion Confirm) to jot down notes.

A few minutes ago he tested (pre-shot, which is due in half an hour) at 194.

I did go to bed, but my husband and I both got up a couple of times to check on him. He seemed OK, though twice begged for food, and each time got a 1.3 oz Sheba (this is on top of 2 (5.5 oz.) cans of Friskies; 2 additional Sebas. and a few oz. of turkey as treats for testing, plus another 5.5 oz Friskies just now, in the last approx. 24 hours. He came into my bed to get me this a.m., which I don't ever remember him doing. His appetite Had seemed to be decreasing -- at least since his ravenous pre-insulin days and I was just starting to think about how to restrict calories so he doesn't get too overweight again.

Before I went to bed I found advice about when to skip a shot. and I'm going to start a new thread related to that.

I'll try to get the spreadsheet updated to the data I have (still, very limited).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.