? Big John - Lantus newbie - update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA), Feb 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA)

Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA) Member

We are trying the go slow method and had planned to do a curve. However, we are also changing his diet and yesterday, he ate all wet food for the first time. His #'s were much lower this morning. My thoughts are to let him on this dose for a few more days and see how the eating goes and then do a curve next week. He has been through a lot this week, new home, new siblings, new food, new insulin, home testing etc and is adapting well. I just don't feel like any curve would be too accurate at this time. Do you think this is a good plan? Thx!

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I would do the curb if you are able to, as his stress level may be coming down and his BGs as well, especially if he is eating a lower carb food, now.

3. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

It never hurts to do a curve, more data is a plus. But with all the changes that have happened, I also think that keeping him at the 1.5 units for another few days would be wise. Changing the food to all wet and low carb can really make a difference in the BG levels.

4. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

The curve is important in determining onset, nadir and duration, information that is essential to making the best decisions.

Do keep a close eye on his numbers right now-sometimes the switch to all wet can lower BG dramatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.