Big John Update - we're back - 195 amps

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA), Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA)

Yvonne & Andy &BJ (GA) Member

We had our new vet appointment last evening and all went well. I wanted to review his previous history and get my vet's opinion on his weight. We both agreed he should take off maybe up to 2 more lb. He has already lost 10oz since I switched him on to regular low carb canned food. Due to the time of the appointment, I did not feed or test beforehand. He did get sick in the crate as expected. But he was great for my vet, loved the attention and heart/lung etc sounded normal. We discussed an occasional cough he has which previous owner said was checked out but nothing found so will continue to watch him as it may be asthma/allergy related. My vet agreed with the switch from N to Lantus - she said most local vets use N due to cost but the preferred insulin for most cats would be Lantus. Now we start the serious diet and insulin monitoring to get Big John healthier. So I will be posting his progress at least weekly or as needed. All advice welcome and appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.