BIGMAC A Sweet Life

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by D and Noisy, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Carolyn and BigMac))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

[youtube]fg0GWE533uw[/youtube]

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thank you Diahann.
    When I saw the post, my eyes teared up.
    The video is truly beautiful :YMHUG: What great pictures, and the valentine theme is so thoughtful and sweet.
    I love especially the pictures of BigMac all stretched out across the bed. We miss you big guy.

3. tpr

tpr Well-Known Member

What a sweet,sweet tribute to BigMac:)
    So many beautiful moments captured:)
    And his eyes...so wise and filled with love. Such a handosme fellow:)

Tamara & Ella

4. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

What a truly beautiful tribute to a beautiful and special kitty. This video was so touching. Thank you Dihann.

Big Mac is one of those kitties that we will always remember.

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you, Diahann, for this beautiful remembrance. BigMac--so special, such a treasure. We are honored to have known him.

Ella & Rusty

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful and precious tribute!

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thank you, D. I think you captured a true love story.

8. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

What a beautiful video .. I loved his purr ...

9. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you Diahann....that was beautiful.

A ton of tears here for BigMac. :cry: :cry:

And a lots of hugs for you, Carolyn.....we are thinking of you.....And holding your both close to our hearts.

((((((Diahann)))))) (((((((Carolyn)))))) ((((((BigMac))))))

10. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

How absolutely wonderful it this - what a great way to start the day. Diahann the tribute is wonderful. What a legend he was, so special.

11. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

What a fitting tribute to a special cat. (((CD))) I love that you have his purr captured on video. There are so many wonderful photos of BigMac here. He was a magnificent looking kitty, and, at the same time, a total character. I think of you so often, and miss your beautiful boy.

Diahann, thank you for sharing this with us. I have never forgotten your kindness in creating Bear Man's tribute video. It means so much to me to have it.

12. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

A purr to match his heart! What a beautiful tribute to a very special kitty.

13. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you, D, for sharing Carolyn's Big Mac with us one more time. What a sweetie! I love the purrs. He will always be in your heart.

14. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

This is so wonderful - brought repeated tears tho'....oh how I wish all fuzzy feet knew this kind of love.

HUGE BIG HUG CAROLYN AND DEE!!

15. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwwww...his purr sounds like an African Lion's!!!! :mrgreen: Such a loud purr coming from a kitty!! LOL
    He was so photogenic, wasn't he? Our handsome and sweet and wonderful BigMac.....
    Thank you Diahann for this beautiful tribute to BigMac....
    I burst out crying when I saw his first baby picture on the video with his big ears....how adorable!
    Our love to goes to (((((Carolyn))))) and cyber hugs too....thinking of you and your boy.....
    We miss you BigMac.....

16. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Carolyn,
    How loved you and BigMac are.
    It was a pure honor to work on his tribute, thank you for that.
    May BigMac make you laugh and smile for the rest of your life.

I hope later on BigMac reports in to tell us what the upstairs crew is doing.
    I'm anxious to hear what antics -- such a hard hittin' bunch of cats -- are into.
    I can only imagine. :mrgreen:

Wow, it's been a long time since I had that "mrgreen" at my disposal. I always did love that smiley.

Awww, Bear Man is here, kisses to you Linda. (he's one of those hard hittin' kittehs!)

17. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

oh waahhhhhh, that totally made me soggy.

what a beautiful tribute, diahann! you told us their love story in pictures so we could have a glimpse of the inside of their special bond. you are such a friend to do that for carolyn. it's a treasure. thank you!

i loved the baby picture of him with his mom, and then a bright little young soul next - so sweet. when he was stretched out on the bed in the sun, i was thinking that's how he is all the time now, basking in sunlight. just lovely. his purr is just like punkin's, and i know how blessed it is to have a loud purrer like that. what a wonderful thing to have all of it pulled together in one video, carolyn.

just thinking i don't think i know the story of how he came to be named Big Mac. Would you tell us? :YMHUG:

18. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Diahann, thank you so much. That was absolutely beautiful. Big Mac was so special to all of LantusLand. Hugs to Carolyn, thank you for sharing BigMac and his life with us. WE will look for his reports from across the veil at every Full Moon.

19. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Diahann, what a beautiful video, it definitely brings both tears and smiles. And what a wonderful thing for you to do. Thank you. ((((Carolyn)))) thinking of you...

20. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Diahann, sweet Diahann....

I think I've watched this a hundred times now. The whole video brings me joy ... (that is after crying during the first 5 or 6 viewings.) It has helped me immensely with the grieving process.
    BigMac and I had such a wonderful time together and I miss him very much, but know that he is romping around playing happily now.

I really like how you grouped the brother/sister photos. I have never looked at them all together that way and I really enjoyed seeing BigMac and Cappi together.
    His sister Cappi had been looking for him but now has adapted to his absence. She looks around a lot less at meal time since she knows BigMac is no longer going to steal her food. She has taken over sleeping next to me on the bed in her shy way. I'm grateful that she is not depressed.

And the stretched out BigMac... on the floor in the sunlight - his favorite place to hang out. Those views of him are some of my favorites... such a long kitty!
    I did measure him one time but didn't write down the number... he wasn't a world's record but he was right up there in length. The doctors mentioned his length to me several times after his surgery because they had difficulty getting some of the tubing to be the correct length. I suppose they used 'cat supplies' and found they were too short.

The music is perfect and I love love it. It is cheerful and silly at times (just like BigMac) and most of all uplifting and majestic.

Thank you Diahann. I know this wasn't easy for you because you care so much... and that makes it even more special to me.

♡♡♡
    Love you,
    Carolyn

21. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Diahann...what an amazing tribute to such a wonderful, majestic, handsome, sweet BigMac. So poignant...such an incredible memorial for Carolyn to always have and cherish.

(((Carolyn)))...you know how I feel. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

22. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

I just had to watch it again. The first time I was crying too heard to see through the tears.

God he was just so handsome. And he had those big soulful eyes. And at the end of the show I luved how the two of you were just holding hands. What a lovebug.....with that deep soothing purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Just know that we are thinking of you Carolyn. And we will all remember BigMac.

tena

23. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute! Thank you so much for sharing. Big Mac was a very special guy and is missed every day. ((((Carolyn))))

24. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Love love love this video!!! How awesome!! What a beautiful man Big Mac was, reminds me so much of Scrabble! I am glad you can take comfort in this video Carolyn!! May Gid bless you & take the sorrow from your heart! Hugs!

25. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

What a wonderful tribute to Big Mac D :mrgreen: although I was crying the entire time and of course (((((HUGS))))) for (((((((Carolyn)))))))

26. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Just beautiful, crying up a storm of course but just beautiful. Such a handsome cat with such amazing eyes and what a cute LittleMac he was too. He had such a very blessed life with Carolyn, I wish it never had to end.

27. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

(( Carolyn ))

It takes a special talent, and a very special kitty, to present a tribute so uplifting yet so emotional yet even brings a smile at times. (( Carolyn )) Big Mac was a fixture here, and is now a legend, and will never be forgotten.

28. Laura and Oreo

Laura and Oreo Member

Beautiful tribute.

29. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness...what an absolutely perfect tribute to such a wonderful soul!

Beautifully done, Diahann.

And Carolyn- you and the handsome fella have indelibly touched so very many hearts.
    The humor, compassion, celebration, and love you so freely gave brought comfort and laughter to so many around the world-
    and an ocean of tears were shed when he left us.

Forever cradled in our love-

Celi

30. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

(((((((((((((Carolyn))))))))))))))) ((((((((((((((((Big Mac)))))))))))))))))

No words, just tears. This is absolutely beautiful.

31. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Snif, sniff..I'm with Libby. :YMHUG:

32. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Celi, thank you so much for posting this on Health so many of us would know and be able to watch. What a beautiful tribute to a magnificent and beautiful cat. Hard to watch through the tears knowing what Carolyn and BigMac went through. No matter the years given........ they are always gone too soon.

33. RobbiesMom

RobbiesMom Member

Oh, that is so wonderful. I did not "know" Big Mac but being a Maine Coon mommy myself I was so drawn to the information about his last days and so sorry it was all so hard for such a sweet boy - so it's just so uplifting to see him healthy and happy in those shots - and the part about him licking Carolyns forehead - Robbie does the same thing to me - so I lost it there... what a fabulous tribute - what truly caring and special people here.

34. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Oh, my, Diahann...there are tears flowing freely here! That was one heck of a tribute to our BigMac! He was such a handsome boy...and his eyes are truly magnetic. The purr video was very nice...made me smile too. Thanks, Diahann!

(((Carolyn))) hugs to you, my friend. I'm so glad you were able to stop crying and really really enjoy the tribute. You will cherish this forever.

35. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

D - you ladies with your talent for putting things together never cease to amaze me - this is absolutely wonderful, beautiful, fantastic, filled with such love that is felt by so many of us, and tearful. The tears fell as I watched - such beautiful pictures of a beautiful loving companion to our Carolyn.

You put all of our love and words into the video - thank you for doing this for us also.

Carolyn, you have been and still are heavy on my mind - still waiting for the belated hug this Fall.

Thank you again, D.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

36. Noreen&DC&Frisky

Noreen&DC&Frisky Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute for such gorgeous kitty.
    Thank you so much for sharing.

37. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Wow, what a beautiful tribute. I too want to thank Celi for posting on Health ... I would have missed it otherwise.

38. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful tribute Diahann! Thank you for sharing BigMac with us.

39. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Crying My eyes out again...Such a loving beautiful tribute to a legendary cat like BIG MAC!!!
    He had so much happiness in his Life & was such a handsome kitty with the MOST soulful eyes I have ever seen~~He had a momma bean who loved & lived for him, and so many here who admired them both, like me!
    Carolyn, It is so hard to go through, but seeing the happy life you gave him must make you feel so much better--
    This is for all GA kitties:
    If I could hold you in my arms forever
    I would never let you go..
    But we will be together again
    And the Happiness will flow.
    For our love transcends,
    All space & time.
    I am so glad, for the years we had,
    I was yours & you were mine.

Thanks Diahann for this beautiful tribute..I just wrote this poem for Carolyn & BigMac
    and for all of us!

40. mybuddybinks

Oh my goodness, Roni.

What a lovely poem!

41. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

What a beautiful video for such a beautiful cat. What a wonderful remembrance to have.

Melanie & Racci

42. CD and BigMac

Julie asked: How did BigMac get his name? :D

When I brought him home that first day he was just a little guy. But for his young age, he was actually quite large. He loved to climb up on me with those big paws and I thought maybe he'd grow up to be a big guy. You know, big feet = big kitty?

And then there was that purr... so loud that it would wake me up at night from a sound sleep. It sounded like a truck engine - maybe an 18 wheeler truck.

Back then my DH had recently joined a large trucking company as CFO and trucks were on our minds a lot. Although DH is a 'suit' he wanted to learn all about the trucks and I went with him to a couple of conventions. One of the vendors, the Mack truck company gave me a stuffed bulldog called "Mack" (their logo.) I let my new kitty play with it and I saw a connection with a motor sounding purry kitten with big feet and the big Mack trucks. I thought maybe this not-so-little kitten would grow up to be a big boy. So I called him my big Mack truck kitty for about an hour and then shortened it to BigMac.

The pun for a big McDonald's hamburger did not escape me and that's why I spelled it without the 'k'. I liked that reference even better and thought of him as my big tasty burger kitty. He was so adorable that I just wanted to eat him up. Although the Mack truck started the idea, I always thought of him as my hamburger boy.

I loved it when others giggled at his name. But once they saw him, they understood.

And he is a Maine Coon... a Big MA.C. That worked too. His name was perfect in so many ways.

When I first joined FDMB a long time member sent me this for BigMac.
    [​IMG]
    I have used it as his avatar ever since. Thank you Lynda and Scruffy.

And thank you to all my friends here who have helped me through this very sad time. Your words have touched me more than you can imagine.

What a wonderful place to be - with friends who really understand. cat_pet_icon

43. mybuddybinks

I love it!!

and we all love you, lady...

44. kim and simon

kim and simon Member

I finally grabbed a quiet moment to watch this! I kept seeing the thread title but knew I needed to wait until I had some alone time. What a beautiful tribute to such a beautiful cat. I love his eyes. He is missed by many!

45. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

I promised myself I would not cry....I just broke the promise. :sad:
    So Stoic and Regal.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Thank you D, for the video. And Carolyn, for sharing your Big Mac with us.

"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy." - Eskimo Proverb

46. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

I too lost the "not gonna cry!" game :(

I'm so glad you told the story of his name, I've often wondered and always failed to ask... love it!

The tribute is so beautiful and touching. I know how big Maine coons are - but man you really see it some of those last pictures with his paw on your hand! Such an amazingly gorgeous, majestic animal that BigMac. To think that wee little kitten grew up to be that gorgeous, big fluffy-haired BigMac!

Thanks for giving me a view of your precious boy I'd not have known otherwise. I hope the hole in your heart is healing and glad that Cappi is helping you, ((((((((((Carolyn.)))))))))))

47. CD and BigMac

Roni, that is SO beautiful! It took me several tries before I could read it all the way through without tears.
    I love it so much and you said exactly what I feel. Your words are a perfect expression of love, for BigMac, and for all GA kitties.
    I hope it can help soothe the aching hearts of others (including yours) as well as it soothes mine.

I am making an album and will place your poem on the opening page. ((((((((Roni))))))))

48. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

wow.... that's the most beautiful tribute... wow... He was so beautiful.... My heart cried watching it, but I was smiling at his sweetness and the love you shared.... I didn't notice until the end how wet my cheeks were...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.