BigMac is in surgery. Update - I'm home & calm.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CD and BigMac, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Re: BigMac is in surgery

You just made me smile and cry at the same time!
    Rest well Big Mac (and Carolyn!). We look forward to hearing a wonderful update in the a.m.
    Thank you for keeping us posted. :YMHUG:

2. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((Big Mac)))))))))))))) He looks so much better than I expected Carolyn. Sending you tons more hugs. He is a strong boy!

3. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

good golly miss molly. just getting to see this. sorry I was not there for support. just realizes I was holding my breath the while time I was reading. so glad all turned out ok. now the healing begins. you go my little hamburger. you will get your bun back soon\
    hugs and scritches to you guys

4. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

It was so good to see an update.
    Carolyn I hope you and Big Mac get a good night's sleep. He looks really well after all that surgery and all those tubes....poor little guy.

It sounds like Big Mac had a great surgical team and he was in good hands.

I look forward to another positive update tomorrow. Rest well! :YMHUG:

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Glad you sent the photos, makes me feel better..What a fighter he is! But still such a loving boy--
    I will say special prayers for him tonite, and for strength for you--We love you CD! And you too Big Mac--Get well Sweet Boy, we are all rallying around you both! Love & Comfort Hugs from us!!

6. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Wow....prayers for a good nights rest all around....

[​IMG]

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Please take care of yourself. I order to share your strength with BigMac, you need to have the strength to share.

8. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, my heart is in my toes reading through this, how very scary for you! There is no support or wisdom like this board. Or goofiness when you need it :lol:

Many healing prayers for your BigMac and strength, comfort and calm for your while you have to watch him go through it. It sounds like he is in good hands.

9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

great news! i'll be by with another dr pepper tomorrow - and i'm sure Big Mac (laughing at dian's "my little hamburger!") will be looking forward to seeing you then.

sleep well, carolyn.

[​IMG]

10. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

So far so good :D Hope you are getting a good sleep tonight Carolyn and please make sure you eat properly and keep your strength up for him - lots of fruit and veggies are the order of the day, I guess you can wash it down with a Dr Pepper if you feel the need ;-)

Sending Big Mac continuous vines and will be thinking of you both. What a little champion he is coming through 6.5 hours of surgery so well, and still looking so handsome!

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

We are just so happy and so relieved to hear that the surgery went well. BigMac, you look GOOD! Carolyn, please eat some dinner and get some good sleep tonight. We will all be saying our prayers for BigMac's recovery, thinking positively, and sending strength to you both, and lots of healing energy to BigMac.

Very big HUGS,

Ella & Rusty

12. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Great news all the way around!! Now get some rest Carolyn. Your sweet boy will sleep well tonight and I hope the same for you dear friend. ((((Hugs))))

13. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so glad he is out and will send thoughts his way that he has a peaceful night ahead of him .. and I will send thoughts your way for a peaceful night too .. know your little man is in the best place right now, so all you need to do is eat and rest and be ready for tomorrow ..

14. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking the time to give us the detailed update and sharing the pictures. He looks really good for what he went through, and the surgical team sounds awesome! It sure sounds like he is in the best of hands, CD. Please do eat and get some rest....you need to take care of yourself. You can't live on Dr Pepper alone! ;-)

15. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

Awww, BigMac looked so sweet in those pix. Sounds like he had a wonderful team of docs today and he'll be well taken care of. Hope you are able to eat and sleep tonight. Sending speedy healing wishes for your cutie.

16. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Carolyn)))) I can only imagine how exhausted you must be physically and emotionally. He DOES look good!! Poor BigMac with all those tubes. I hope you are having a nice stiff drink and get
    some rest tonight. As Sienne said, he's going to need you to be strong to help with his recuperation.

And I think we all agree with these kitties' sentiment: There IS only one BigMac!

[​IMG]

BigMac.....I loves you so get well soon!! We gots more cuddlin' to do.....your Gracie Belle!

17. Daphne#5 GA

Daphne#5 GA Well-Known Member

I am so happy to hear this great news! I know how hard of a day you had CD. So now you can rest and go back tomorrow. Can't wait for more reports of BigMac's recovery. It sounds like you had fantastic surgeons working on your baby. I can't believe how much BigMac looks like my Carly cat.

Sending more healing vines and white light for BigMac to heal. You're a wonderful bean too! :YMHUG:

18. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

CD - I am So Sorry I missed all of this. I haven't been able to be on the board today. I feel so bad... My thoughts are with you and BigMac. I pray and pray that all will be OK with him. OMG what a day for the two of you. It does sound good and encouraging that he did so well with the surgery and with the amount of time that it took. I think he looks wodnerful - even with all the tubes... I am glad that you were able to be there for him, they know when we are. I believe that it helped him deal with all that went down today. Many many hugs to the two of you.

paws crossed for a good recovery and that you will be able to bring him home soon. You and BigMac will be in my thoughts....

Mannie is rounding up the KTSS as we speak, he hopes maybe he can sneak in for a visit on two...

19. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Muffin just left with Mannie and the rest of the KTSS - I'm sure they'll be with BigMac shortly. He really does look fantastic for all that he went through. I hope you are sound asleep by now. Sending tons of healing vines and snowflakes for BigMac, and strength and comfort for you Carolyn.

20. Noreen&DC&Frisky

Noreen&DC&Frisky Well-Known Member

I just caught this. I'm so sorry for what you and BigMac had to go through.
    I'm happy the surgery went well.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

21. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

It sounds like BigMac had a wonderful team working on him and they were really careful to get everything. He sounds so alert also, waking up and trying to move around. It sounds good, Carolyn. You poor guys really need to rest and relax now. It's been a very traumatic day, both physically and mentally. That poor baby still looks beautiful even after all he's been through today. No wonder the tech called him a girl!

All my best for a super quick recovery. I'll be looking for updates.

Melanie & Racci

22. Randa & Mookie

Randa & Mookie Well-Known Member

Oh, Carolyn, what a day you and BigMac have had! I hope you rest well tonight. Hugs to you and scritches to BigMac from Mookie and me.

23. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Carolyn, I am just seeing this and so glad to hear how well Big Mac did & is doing w/the surgery. What a marathon! WOW. He looks really good in the pix for having just gone thru such a long surgery and having so many gadgets sticking out of him all over the place. I hope you get some rest tonight so that you are able to have a wonderful visit w/him tomorrow. I remember once when I went to visit Tawny in the hospital I was so exhausted I fell asleep w/her on the couch in the visiting room!

Do join the Feline Assisted Feeding group Karrie mentioned, it was invaluable to us when Tawny had her e-tube and if you need to track Big Mac's calories I will send you the link to the awesome spreadsheet she created for us just for that purpose, it breaks different kinds of cat foods down into grams or mls and then calculates the calories from that & gives you a running total. So if you are feeding, say, 40mls per tube feeding, you can calculate the calories & track his intake over the course of any 24hr period to make sure he's getting enough food. It's pretty awesome.

Again, I am so glad he did so well & all the vets & techs have such a positive outlook. Sounds like Big Mac will be up and around & home where he belongs in no time at all.

Desi, Tinkerbell & Tawny & the rest of us sending lots of snowflakes, quick recovery vines & healing prayers

24. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad for a good update... and pics of BigMac in which he looks pretty darned fabulous for everything he's been through today! Get some food and rest... the kitties will be taking care of BigMac tonight!!

25. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

Just seeing this now... those 6.5 hours must have been the longest hours,,,

Sending prayers and tons of healing vines and snowflakes and hugs for BigMac and strength for you. Hope you can sleep tonight Carolyn.

[​IMG]

26. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

Carolyn, so glad the surgery went well and BigMac is stable. He does look great in those pics, even with all the tubes! cat_pet_icon I was checking in on you from work but wasn't able to post. We are still sending vines, scritches for BigMac and hugs for you!!

27. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

lol!! There is only ONE Big Mac!
    Love that animated pic Marjorie :lol: :lol:

CAROLYN!!!! I came by here cuz I just got your update and I was pretty sure you had posted here - and here I am wondering what's happening! ohmygod_smile

(((((((hugs and healing recovery vines for Big Mac!!!!!))))))))
    poor baby all drugged up! and I say it again 6 - 1/2 hours!!??!! holy!!

Get some rest I hope before you get back to the vet's and camp out ((((((hugs))))))

28. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. He does look pretty good in the pictures, for all he went through.
    I hope you get some rest Carolyn. I hope you both get the rest you need.

We'll be looking for your updates today.

Big hugs to you, and soft skritches and pets to BigMac. Please give him a kiss from us.

[​IMG]
    Snowflakes for fast healing.

29. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Carolyn, I'm glad that the surgery went well and BigMac certainly looked just plain adorable in the pictures, even with all the tubes. He is one strong boy! I hope he had a good night and I will be waiting to hear the updates today. Big hugs to you and your sweet boy!

30. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

oh my gosh, Carolyn....I just saw this and am so sorry that I wasn't around yesterday to give my support, but it looks like all the other FDMB folks did just fine! The pictures you got of BigMac were nice...he looks good, for all that he's been through. I'm so happy he came out of surgery fine.
    Sending speedy recovery vines for your boy and a hug for you. I'll drop by later to see today's update.
    ((((Carolyn & BigMac))))

31. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((Big Mac & Carolyn)))))))))
    Sending more snowflakes and healing vines to Big Mac. What a wonderful boy he is!!!! The pictures were great for all of us to see...he looks good in spite of all those hours in surgery.
    (Where are the pix of YOU after the horrid two days you have just had, eh? LOL)

So far, so good I guess huh? The surgeons sounded upbeat and I am wondering how Mac is doing today....
    My thoughts and prayers are with you two today.....
    Hoping for a speedy and complete recovery for your boy....
    You both deserve that. After all that you both have been through....it IS what you deserve.
    Great job kids...you are a wonderful Team....
    Hugging you both and holding you close in our hearts...
    Pat, Raja & Shad-O

32. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

Oh Dear Lord.... I'm a day late seeing this... I know you can read my heart. I'm praying that you know the prayers I would have sent yesterday you seem to know my heart so well. I wait to read good news about BigMac... I Pray that CD is home and that all is well with them both.... Oh Lord..... Please!

33. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I'm sure you are back w/ Big Mac already today. Praying that he had a restful night and the vet reports continue to be good. Even DH was checking in on you and Big Mac last night. How are you doing this morning?

[​IMG]

34. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear that he'll be fine. Still sending tons of healing vines and positive thoughts, and wishing for him to make a full and speedy recovery. {{{{{{{{{{CD & BIGMAC}}}}}}}}}}

35. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

(((((Carolyn and BigMac))))
    I've been sick and so been not checking the board....I'm so sorry you two are going thru this....the 6.5 hrs would probably seem like an eternity....his pictures melted my heart and gave me lots of tears too....
    He is a fighter like my Rocket....my heart is in my throat just reading everything that has happened....
    do rest as well like Sienne said....
    praying for a speedy recovery and for a long life for dear BigMac...praying for strength for you as well as the days and weeks ahead will be challenging....
    sending you lots of hugs!!!!

hang in there buddy....it's probably really painful but with lots of pain meds you will be alright pretty soon....thinking of you!

36. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

more healing vines and snowflakes for Big Mac today (((((((Carolyn))))))

37. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Carolyn)) ((BigMac)))
    I am just seeing this now. I am so sorry that both you and BigMac went through so much yesterday.
    I am glad that BigMac and you got through the day and I am keeping you both in my thoughts and
    prayers that the news continues to be good and that he has a speedy recovery.
    You mean so much to me.
    Lots and lots of hugs.

38. Karrie and Maverick

39. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

sending quick recovery vibes and prayers this gives you tons of quality time with your boy once he's recovered. mclovin came up and gave me a quick meep as i was reading this so i'm sure he's sending his best wishes, too. (((((BigMac & Carolyn)))))

40. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hoping that bigmac is having a good day .. and you too carolyn!

41. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

So glad surgery turned out ok... thanks for the pics. Poor BigMac..been thru the wringer (along with his worrying Momma!) but sounds like he had the best doc possible and it went well.

Sleep BigMac, sleep and heal. We love you!

(((((((Carolyn)))))))))))

42. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

[​IMG]

i can only imagine what the two of you have been going through.
    sending prayers and positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

43. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

If there was ever a moment in time that you or BigMac wondered if you were well-loved...
    this condo surely answered the question!

LL hearts still surrounding you with healing and support :D

[​IMG]

44. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you are having a wonderful visit with BigMac, Carolyn. We can't wait to hear about it!

45. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

More snowflakes, white light, and healing vines for BigMac today. Please tell him how much we all love him!

Many hugs to you ....Carolyn. You know we are all right there with you in thought and prayer.

[​IMG]

46. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Hope BigMac is doing well today and your visit with him was comforting. Praying for a speedy recovery and that he will be home soon.

Pattie

47. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Continued good thoughts, healing vines and well wishes. There are many of our kitty angels looking after BigMac and helping him along.

48. Monica and Atticus (GA)

Monica and Atticus (GA) Member

Thinking of both you and BigMac and sending you both love and healing.

49. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

You both are in my thoughts. Sending positive healing vines your way.

50. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

I was just checking for an update. Sending healing wishes.

Melanie & Racci

51. Karrie and Maverick

You and BigMac have been on my mind constantly today.

Sending you lots and lots more hugs. Hang in there.

52. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))). I'm still sending prayers for The Big Mac, and holding you both in my heart.
    Please take care of you :smile:

53. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending bunches of hugs, scritches, catnip nanners, chicken soup, vines, snowflakes and lots of heartfelt luv your way. Hope our Big Mac is comfortable and resting well. And you are taking good care of yourself Carolyn.

Hugs
    Tena

54. miso00

miso00 Well-Known Member

I've just gotten to know you and BigMac the past few days. I had no idea his surgery was so serious. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs and wishes for a quick recovery for BigMac

55. sanrun

sanrun Member

Thinking of you and Big Mac, hope he is ok... :YMHUG:

Sandy - Dottie, Jeter and Tilly

56. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

Very good news indead!! Sending healing vines and prayes for you and Big Mac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.