Birthday numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RobbiesMom, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobbiesMom

RobbiesMom Member

Robbie turns 9 today. Trying to spare his ears a bit - so far did 7am (EST) amps and he was 374 gave 1U of the ProZinc and his wet low carb breakfast (Fancy Feast mixed with Royal Canin DM) and mommy went back to bed (long day yesterday) only to immediately have to go stop him from eating the rest of his sisters food (he can when he's really feeling frisky pull the door open to the laundry room, gotta latch it than he has to jump thru a passway and by than she's finished eating) at about 9:30 am (EST) gave him a very small helping of dry (Royal Canin DM with some Nutro Max hairball remedy mixed in). Gave him a new catnip mouse which he went nuts with and a big box to play in. At 1:20 (EST) tested him again - this is +6 and he was 124 gave him some bacon we saved from breakfast as a treat (a big time favorite) with literally about 6 kernals of dry. Am not going to do a +8 unless someone reading this thinks I really should - would like to give him a break. Will test again pmps at 7:00pm (EST) and see what to do about the evening shot.
    I am feeling like I should keep the am shot LOW (1U or less) because what seems to be happening is at night he is too low for a shot (Vet said over 190 and yesterday he was 154 so no shot) than in the morning he's in the mid to high 300's (today 374, yesterday 333 etc.). Tell me if I'm wrong - if I gave him less in the am he might be a bit higher at dinner and get a small amount which would than make him a bit lower the next morning - evening him out some. Does this make sense? I'm going to try and put a spread sheet together today.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Robbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

I am just getting caught up after being mostly off the board for a few days.... WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWW :eek: what a change from the other night!!!!!!!!! 1u.... OMG! And great #s, that is so awesome!

Today's nadir looks great to me, I wouldn't worry about another spot test. I haven't followed along closely enough with the dose change to comment, hopefully others will be along to chime in on that. What you said about evening out the dose makes sense to me. The #s look good, so I think you are in the ballpark, yippee!!!!

3. RobbiesMom

RobbiesMom Member

5:15 pm (EST) Robbie got a simple birthday dinner - the wet mix, a few nuggets of dry and a small piece of cold chicken (about an inch long) fed to him slowly while I told him what a good boy he's being. At 7:10 his pspm was 202 - I hesitated - Vet's rule of thumb 190 to 250 1 unit 250 and higher 2 units ... 202 is not so far off 190... So I went with what my husband called "a small one unit" probably .75 and intend to check in again in a couple of hours. Hoping I did the right thing.

4. RobbiesMom

RobbiesMom Member

He's been cleaning and preening himself and playing with his cat nip toy on and off since 9:30 didn't have the heart to grab him and prick his ear- so no more numbers tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.