Bix is gone

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

May you be at peace my love.

ETA: For those who didn't already know, Bix has been going downhill since August from worsening IBD and presumed cancer. Around Christmas they found an abdominal mass, and the vet thought he only had a few days left as he was not eating at that point. I brought him home and he started eating again and rallied for 3 pretty good weeks, but still losing weight, going downhill more quickly these last few days.

2. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Joanna))))
    I am so very sorry for your loss. You gave Bix so much love and peace.
    Fly free Bix and land ever so softly at the bridge.

wings_cat

3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Joanna))))), I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Sending thoughts for peace and comfort.

wings_cat Fly free dear Bix...

4. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh NO. (((Joanna))). I am so so sorry to read this. I understand your loss. I am very glad you had these last days together. I am sure he loved having the time with you. You took such good care of him, it is hard to believe this could happen. I wish there were words to comfort you. I am crying for you but glad he is not suffering. Fly free dear Bix.
    I just went back and read your earlier post. I am sorry I did not see it sooner. It is an agonizing decision to make. It seems very clear to me that it was time, that you acted in love and saved him from suffering.

5. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry Joanna. You tried to prepare us earlier today and honestly my heart still sunk for you when I saw this topic. Be free Bix of your pain.

Losing our kitties is unbelievably rough. Try to stay strong and heal on your own time.

He was very lucky to have you as his cat mom Joanna - very very lucky. And you have shared the gifts that he gave you with so many here. We are all so appreciative of you AND Bix.

6. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Joanna. I too gasped when i just signed on and saw the subject line even though I had read the earlier post and was hoping you didn't have to go thru this. ((((Joanna))))

7. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

(((Joanna))) I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you gain some comfort knowing how well you cared for him and how you did your best to limit his suffering. He knew that, I'm sure.

Fly free Bix. wings_cat

8. KristenP&Sam

KristenP&Sam Member

You did an amazing thing for him, you know that? You gave him peace when life couldn't. You have my sympathies and my wish for comfort as you get through this.

9. eeraby

eeraby Member

I'm so sorry, Joanna.

My thoughts are with you.

Fly free, sweet Bix. rb_icon

10. Angela&Henry

Angela&Henry Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss; please accept my sympathy.
    Cats come into our lives for just a little while and leave footprints on our hearts.
    Now he is at peace and pain free waiting at the bridge.
    My thoughts are with you; its never easy to say goodbye to a beloved friend.

11. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Being prepared doesn't stop the tears or sadness. I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Bix were our mentors and heros.

Fly free sweet Bix, land softly at the bridge.

12. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Bid will live on forever in your heart. You gave him such wonderful gifts during his life and the last gift of peace. Hugs and peace for you also, Joanna.

13. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Bix. I just couldn't believe it when I saw this thread. Fly free sweet Bix o:)

14. karen and splash (ga)

karen and splash (ga) Member

I'm so very sorry. Fly Free Bix

15. tessielou

tessielou Member

Joanna, my heart is broken for you. I didn't know you personally, but after reading your posts, I know that Bix was courageous, and you were an amazing mom.
    Please try to take comfort in knowing he is HEALTHY again, and in a beautiful place!

16. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

OH NO! I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Fly Free Bix. Sending prayers and hugs.

17. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss. Our little fur babies are never with us long enough....let all your special memories of Bix bring you comfort during this time. Bix was so lucky to have such a caring oerson like you to take care of him.

Fly free sweet Bix.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Knew I would see this Joanna, still, hurts like hell to see it. Bix you are loved and will never be forgotten. May your journey to the bridge be sweet and may you always fill yours mom's heart with love you send right from your soul to hers. We miss you Bix. :cry:
    ((((((Joanna))))) can't imagine how you are feeling and yet feeling it with you (does that make any sense?)

19. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Joanna))))) OH NO, I am so very sorry. May you always feel Bix's love, as I know he will always feel yours. Fly free, dear Bix. wings_cat

20. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Thank you all SO much for your kind words, you have all really touched me. I can't express how big a help it is to know that other people cared about Bix, even without knowing him, it is really just such a sweet and amazing community we have here.

I am trying to focus on remembering all the quirky & wonderful things about Bix and my life with him - how he used to try to finagle his way to the top of the cat tree and be king of the castle (he was smaller than his brothers, so it was a challenge!), how he loved to play in paper bags, how he always ended up with a dab of LC canned stuck on the end of his nose, how cute he looked when he was all curled up in his cat bed, and how snuggly he got after becoming a sugar-kitty. It is sunny out today, and focusing on the good stuff is helping me feel that he had a good life, and he is at peace now.

A GIGANTIC thank you to everyone on this site who has helped us along the way - from advice giving, to moral support & encouragement, to donating supplies, to sending good thoughts & prayers, to letting me share what I have learned, and everything else we all do here all the time. Without what I've learned here I doubt he would have lived as long as he did, I doubt I would ever have understood the importance of getting him on LC canned (which gave him more time both for the diabetes and the IBD), and I suspect he would never have gotten regulated. Instead, he was happy, healthy, and well-regulated for a full year before the IBD/cancer/whatever took over.

So anyway, big thanks to everyone. :YMHUG:

21. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

(((Joanna))) I am so sorry. Fly free Bix rb_icon

22. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

So so sorry Joanna. Peace to you...
    Donna, Tom Asher and Alby

23. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry, Joanna. And I'm sorry I missed your earlier post. You made one of the most difficult decisions we can make, but you made it out of love for Bix. And now Bix is no longer in pain - he is running free at the Bridge, catching mice and happy. You are left with all of the pain. My prayers are with you.

24. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Deepest sorrow for your loss joanna...
    a sad day for the FDMB.

celi & binks

25. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Joanna, I'm so sorry. I read your earlier post and was hoping beyond hope that Bix would rally. In the past year I've lost three of my core crew--two of whom experienced slow, steady deterioration-- and my heart goes out to you. It's so hard to know when it's the "right" time. But Bix was and will always be a special guy and he will live on in your heart. His pain is over, although the brunt of yours is now just beginning. It's the price we pay for loving them so much, I suppose, but we wouldn't have it any other way, would we? My thoughts are with you. Fly free, Bix.

26. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

We too are so sorry that Bix is gone knowing how much you will miss him...keeping you in our thought & prayers. Love, Susan & Lanky

27. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss. Mat Bix' spirit be always near.
    jeanne

28. Michele and Peeps

Michele and Peeps Member

Oh Joanna! :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

29. Fluffmiester

Fluffmiester Member

I am sorry for your loss but I am sure that Bix knew he was loved.

30. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

I didn't know Bix was so sick. I am so very sorry to hear this Joanna. Your heart must be broken in two right now. Getting the courage to let our babies go is so hard when all you want is more time with them and for them to feel better. Fly pain free sweet Bix. (((hugs Joanna)))

31. sueandsamwise

sueandsamwise Well-Known Member

So sorry, it's hard to lose a pet real hard.

Fly free Bix! rb_icon

32. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Thanks for the warm thoughts, and it is nice to see some old faces around! Some of you were among my very first responders when I arrived here a couple years ago. I really appreciate each of you taking the time to stop by.

For those who didn't already know, Bix has been going downhill since August from worsening IBD and presumed cancer. Around Christmas they found an abdominal mass, and the vet thought he only had a few days left as he was not eating at that point. I brought him home and he started eating again and rallied for 3 pretty good weeks, but still losing weight, going downhill more quickly these last few days.

33. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Oh Joanna....I'm so very sorry....tears here as I read this thread and the other one. My heart hurts for you. :YMHUG: I hope you can remember the good days, and that your heart will heal in time. Take care of yourself.

Fly free, sweet Bix. wings_cat

34. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Joanna, I'm so sorry to see this. Saw the earlier post and was hoping against hope that Bix was still rallying - at least am glad to see that he had three weeks of eating well and feeling better.

It's so difficult to say goodbye to our furry companions - and we have lost so many of our ones from the board. I'm sending many comforting prayers and thoughts - fly free, Bix. You will be missed.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

35. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Joanna, so very, very sorry for your loss. Fly free!

36. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Joanna,

I am so sorry about Bix.

Judy & Jake

37. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

oh Joanna, I'm just getting back home from vaca and luckily scrolled down enough to find this- I'm hurting for you - hope you find peace in your happy memories- - you have been a loving kitty mom and have always had such sane advice to others, Thank you for that!

Sounds like we are going through a similar thing -Tenderfoot is really sick/weak/frail and xrays today showed masses and likely cancer. We are surrounding him with his loving family tonight- waiting

fly free sweet Bix wings_cat rb_icon

38. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. (((joanna)))

39. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Dear Joanna,

I am so very sorry that you have lost Bix. I just saw this today, and I regret that I have been away from the board so much, mainly due to not having any diabetic cats (at the moment at least), but also have had other problems going on this whole year past.

You have always been so kind to me, especially during 2009, when I lost 5 of my furbabies in 6 months. That year just about did me in, even though I thought I was doing okay.

I know the pain you are going through now, and it is hard for anyone to take that away, but in time, you will think of the good times, more than the bad or sad times.

Bless you and may Bix be with all of our kitties or furbabies that have gone on ahead of us.

((((HUGS)))),
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)

40. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

(( Joanna ))

I'm so sorry, Joanna.

41. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Joanna, my deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved Bix. No matter the years given, they are just never enough. May all your precious memories help you through the "moments".

[​IMG]

42. Bebe & Little Man

Bebe & Little Man New Member

Joanna,

I am so sorry to read about Bix. You are such a great caregiver and I know that Bix knows how much you love and care for him.
    It is so difficult to lose a beloved pet yet we know that our days with them are numbered.
    I hope it brings you some comfort to know that one day, you and Bix will
    be reunited. May your memories and love for Bix get you through the really rough days and brighten the rest with peaceful
    reflection.

Bebe & Little Man

43. Cathie & Baby

Cathie & Baby New Member

Joanna,

I am so sorry. Forgive the belatedness of these condolences. I don't get on the Board much anymore, but do know that you have been a tremendous caregiver to Bix.

(((hugs)))

Cathie & Baby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.