Blackie's Diahhrea

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Blackie's been switched from the high carb food to the protein diet (Fancy Feast wet to be exact), and has been eating it since Tuesday night after her hypo incident. She has diahhrea now. Will this pass? (no pun intended)

Should I gradually switch her to the Friskies wet if it'll be gentler on her system?

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

some cats have sensitive tummies and a rapid switch in food can cause diarrhea until they are used to it. just make sure kitty is not becoming dehydrated with the diarrhea

3. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I'm working on it by adding a couple of tablespoons of water with her meal. Thank you. :) I hope that she gets used to it soon, though. Poor baby. :(

4. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

if does not clear up, then sadly a trip to vet to make sure nothing else is going on

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

You may also need to experiment (gradually) with different LC foods if it doesn't clear up. BIx had some nasty problems on some foods, but not others. I trial & errored for a while before finding what works best for him. He has IBD so is more sensitive than most cats, but even with my non-IBD cats I have found everyone seems to have one food or another that doesn't sit with them well.

Hope he is all better soon! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.