Blackie's In The Red Again :(

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Her BG's were fine Thursday to Sunday, but I didn't test her aside from the PS all day yesterday (Monday). Today, she's been wonky. Not sure what's going on with her. :( Even the psyllium doesn't appear to be working very well to solidify her stool. I'll keep that up some more, and maybe things will turn around.

I wonder if I need to change her Fancy Feast to Friskies or Special Kitty, and if so, what's the lowest carb one out there?

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Angela, you should take a look at the PZI ISG, there are folks over there who use PZI and ProZinc and have experience with it. It would be useful to you to do some reading over there and see what others are doing with the insulin. If you would like some help with the insulin, start a thread there and get some opinions on Blackie's numbers. viewforum.php?f=24

As far as the food, take a look at Janet & Binky's food chart here: http://binkyspage.tripod.com/canfood.html There are two lists, the old list and the new list, Friskies and Special Kitty are both on there somewhere. You need to look at each flavor to see which ones are low carb. I would print out the list(s) you need and take them to the store with you. I usually highlight the ones I want to look for to make it easier.

3. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Thank you, Laurie. Blackie's on Fancy Feast Classic Chicken flavor, and she's also on 1f unit of ProZinc BID. I'll still learning, and will have a look at those. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.