? Bleeding mole

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by TTBLR, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTBLR

TTBLR Member

Hello.

I am not sure what to call it. I noticed it about 2 years ago, asked vet, who said that it is nothing to worry about if it does not change shape. I do not see it bother Silvester. It is about 2-4 mm in diameter, brown. Recently I saw there was blood. It still have not healed since I discovered the blood. Photo below.

Did anyone deal with something like this?

Attached Files:

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Could it be wart?

I'm not sure but it looks kind of like the warts my dog has and he could have scratched and maybe hurt it but probably the vet needs to take a look at it

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Squallie gets the same things, once in a rare while one will bleed a little if he's maybe groomed himself a bit vigorously, or something has happened to cause it to pull away from the skin a tiny bit. The vet said they weren't anything to worry about. That said, if it's bleeding, it's always a good idea to have the vet double-check it!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. Megan and Tessie

Megan and Tessie Member

One of my cats has something that looks very similar. He has had it about a year and the vet told me to keep an eye on it in case it grows or changes shape, which luckily it hasn't. The growth is on his back leg, right over a pressure point so every few weeks/months, he grooms his leg a little too rough and it opens up and bleeds. It's kind of funny you posted this today, I literally just put our white bed sheets in the washers after noticing his leg bled all over them.

5. TTBLR

TTBLR Member

Does not look like wart to me.

6. TTBLR

TTBLR Member

How long does it take to heal for Squallie?

7. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I suspect that Silvester scratched it. Since it has not grown in two years I would not be too concerned. Maybe Silvester is continuing to scratch it so it will not heal. However. it may not really "heal" since i is not normal tissue. If Silvester has a dental I would have it removed. SInce it is so small, it should be able to be removed with only a local anesthesia.

TTBLR likes this.
  8. TTBLR

TTBLR Member

I see. I've noticed it about two years ago, but there is a chance Silvester've had it all life.
    How long does it take to heal?
    For Silvester it is located at the area where I give him shots. Maybe I scratched it with a needle, even though I dont remember, and always try to avoid it.

9. TTBLR

TTBLR Member

It is located in the area where he is not likely to scratch it. I think I could touch it with a needle when giving a shot, even though I always avoid this spot.

10. Megan and Tessie

Megan and Tessie Member

Since it's on his leg, it's very accessible to his grooming. So if I can get him to leave it alone, it stops bleeding and a day or two later looks all healed up. Sometimes he gets into a cycle of grooming it open, it bleeds, stops bleeding, grooms again, bleeds again, ect. Luckily it doesn't seem to cause him any pain! Where is Silvester's growth located? You said he can't scratch it but can he lick it?

11. TTBLR

TTBLR Member

It is on his rib area. He can definitely lick it.

Megan and Tessie likes this.
  12. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

One on his lower back took a couple of weeks to heal.

TTBLR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.