Blood after Peeing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by krazy4kritters, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

This morning, about an hour after I gave Diamond his first shot, he went to the litter box and I heard one squawk from him. He spooks very easily so I just took a quick look at what was going on. He has neuropathy so he really can't stand up to poop and pee. His neuropathy came on very suddenly (last Thursday) so this is the first time I've watched him use the box. When I checked his butt for stuck poo I noticed a drop of blood by his penis area.
    He has has idiopathic cystitis in the past. However, he just had a urinalysis on Friday. The vet was glad to see NO crystals, his ph was good (6), and no infection. She did say there was a little debris though but didn't seem to worried about it.
    Could he maybe be passing debris? He is eating and acting normal.
    Im going to call the vet but I wanted opinions before hand. We have spent so much money this past week on vet visits and his supplies my husband is going to freak if we need to drop another couple hundred on a cat that hides in the basement and only comes out to eat and nobody but me can pet.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

How is Diamond doing this AM? Have you spoken to the vet?

3. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

His plumbing seems to be fine. I just watched him go and everything was fine.

Critter Mom and Sharon14 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.