Blue 6/14

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alexia and Blue, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

AMPS 316 1u

+3 at the vet 279 but very angry to be there and growling, so I don't trust that number.

Tonight was the night I had to close at work and wouldn't be home til late. Wasn't going to shot unless the number was really high and...

PMPS at +18 292 0u

He'll get a shot in 6 hours. Curious to see how that number is considering that he didn't get insulin tonight.

It is exciting to see that he is becoming himself again. And is back to being glued to my side(so take that vet who said it could ruin our relationship if I hometest!) Blue is back in bed with me-he slept on the floor and didn't even want to be in bed with me when he wasn't feeling well- and back to talking to me.

I have been giving him a couple pinches of people tuna (0% carbs and 13% protein) as a treat after testing-that's okay, right? I have noticed that it takes his attention away from I just pricked him AND mostly it makes me feel better. Ha. I am getting better at hometesting and realizing it isn't about poking him hard-I think I was too heavy handed at first-but that a little prick can be milked to produce enough blood. That makes me feel a lot better about doing it.

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am smiling here reading this. You just hd to figure out the technique and the testing becomes a natural. Happy to read that he's back in bed with you. And feeling better.

Yes tuna is fine as a treat. You may want to experiment with other things such as cooked chicken - deli turkey, cheese, on the health linls there is a list of low carb treats. Check it out.

I give my girls freeze dried chicken, boiled and rotisserie chicken. And quality deli turkey. They go nuts for the freeze dried. Its crazy. I just make sure with deli or rotissserie that they don't get the seasonings part and the deli isn't too processed.

3. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Good morning Alexia!

Wow, nice number this morning, especially with skipping the shot last night! :RAHCAT You are doing great!

For treats, I use plain cooked chicken or turkey, cut up into bite sized pieces. As Hillary said, tuna is fine, and she gave you a bunch of great ideas. I just thought you might want to know what other people do.

I'm so glad to hear that Blue is feeling better! It makes it all worthwhile to see the results of your efforts, doesn't it? It does take a little practice and experimenting to get the hometesting down. I'm glad you are getting more comfortable with it, before long it will become simple and routine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.