Blue 7/9 AMPS 145

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alexia and Blue, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

AMPS 145 No shot
    PMPS 165 S .4/1

This morning he gave me a great number considering that I didn't give him a shot from the night before since I closed. I don't know why I was hesitant to shot those numbers tonight. Maybe because he was staying blue (hehe) all on his own. We shall see. What do ya'll think?

2. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think they just to play with us and :eek: us then make us :D thats our babies :mrgreen: :lol:

3. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

ok, here's what i think. (as you asked! LOL)

these are great numbers, tho they are still diabetic numbers. so how about skinnying your dose a teeny tiny bit more so you can shoot the 2 shots per day?

there are different ways to think about this. first, after skipping a shot his subsequent preshot test is still pretty low tho shootable. so skipping the shot still had a pretty good outcome.

but, second, the more we can keep him in nondiabetic numbers (under 130) the more we can promote pancreatic healing. we do need to do spot checks to see how low he goes so we know his dose is safe, but right now you might be at the perfect time to start shooting a tiny dose on a number like 145 rather than letting him go without insulin for over 12 hrs.

this might be a good time to start checking to see if his pancreas is starting to pitch in (sure looks like it). so the next few times he has a meal or small snack you might want to check his glucose level right before feeding and then check it again 45 min to an hour and a half after eating to see if the glucose level goes lower.

tickled to death to see how well blue is doing on prozinc! :)

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

what chris said!

and yes, see how tickled I R too! :mrgreen:

5. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

About testing after he eats...he is a grazer so sometimes-most of the time-it takes me the 12 hours to eat all the food. Normally when I feed him he is visiting the bowl about 3 times in 30 minutes and then just goes between naps. So should I test after those first little visits?

I think in 2 weeks I am going to be closing all week! I hope that when the head manager revises it that he changes it but there is no guarantee...

6. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

should I drop to .2u?

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

no - he hasn't earned this yet. stick with the .4 - oh wait, are you asking, because you won't be home? if that's the case, then yes give .2 so you don't skip the shot. Let's keep something in him and keep helping out MR. P.

Make sense?

8. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

Well I was asking bc Chris suggested making my skinny skinnier and I don't think I can make it any skinnier without making it a .2u! He might even be on .3u.

Also when I do have to close, I should shoot at the +18 and then the next morning at +6? That is why I have been skipping the night bc it is too close to the morning shot.

9. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

We just got an +16 89!!!!! With no insulin!! I am excited!

10. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

WAY TO GO YEAH !!!! Party coming up LOL Kath :lol: :mrgreen:

11. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Yup I get the issue about closing and shooting times being too close.

You can easily see a .2 = .5 on the U100 and .3 is between the .5 and 1 (U100). Whichever you shoot, just be consistent.

And one of these days - when you're home to monitor - you can shoot below 100! Yes, you can! nailbite_smile LOL

the goal is to provide insulin as long as possible to truly help him heal and get his pancreas functioning normally. Even this small an amount is enough to help the healing process and keep him going.

yes these are exciting times for you and Blue and well - he and I had a talk when he was here and I told him something and we made a bet. Won't tell you what it is, but I told him, I always win when I bet, and I'll win (rather he will) this time.

He purred and seemed ok with that - so just you wait, he's going to give you a nice surprise pretty soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.