Blue 7/9 AMPS 145

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alexia and Blue, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

AMPS 145 No shot
    PMPS 165 S .4/1

This morning he gave me a great number considering that I didn't give him a shot from the night before since I closed. I don't know why I was hesitant to shot those numbers tonight. Maybe because he was staying blue (hehe) all on his own. We shall see. What do ya'll think?

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I think he's doing great! I think it's fine to shoot at 165, but I would make sure you test him early in the cycle. He seems to like to drop early (+3) and it looks like his pancreas is at least partially working. I would be watching close because he might need a decrease soon.

Looking very good Alexia!

3. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

How will I know when he needs a decrease? When the lows get lower?

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

If the low is ever below 50, you definitely want to decrease. You can also decrease before that if you want though. With Bix, when I was trying to keep to a 12/12 schedule, I would generally decrease if I got a PS below 150, on the theory that I want a shootable # at PS time. Since you don't though really (looks like with your schedule the lower PSs are working great!), I would probably keep this dose. If you are finding the early drop too steep, you can also decrease based on that. You don't want to decrease too soon and lose progress, but at the same time there's nothing wrong with experimenting a bit. If you get a lower PS like last night, you could try shooting 0.3 say, and see how he does. If the #s aren't as good after that, then you know to stick with 0.4.

Also if he wants to show off ;) you can put the +nn before the AMPS so we all know it wasn't just a +12 PS, it was a +24!!!!! 145 is super-awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

Thank you so much! Great advice.

What does a +nn mean?

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I just meant the nn for whatever # it is - +12, +24, etc. Generally AMPS or PMPS implies +12 if it isn't stated to be something else, since the SS is designed for insulins where you stick to a 12/12 schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.