Blue is back with mamma! AMPS 198

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alexia and Blue, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

So good to be back and be with my little man again! He was a little mad when he got back and ignored me for a while but once he got over that he hasn't left my side, literally. I am looking over him now just so I can type this. Here is what we are working with today...

AMPS 198 .4u/1u
    +2.5 143
    +5.5 111

Gotta work tonight which sucks because I have been away from him and because I won't be able to see him until his +18. His drops today seem to be looking a little more normal.

Definitely good to be back!

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome back!!!!!!!!! party_cat

Hope you had a nice trip, and are settling back in well. Hillary kept us entertained with Blue's antics & adorable pictures (he is the cutest thing EVER!!!). That's adorable that he is sticking by your side, enjoy it while you got it!!! :D

His #s look perfect today - nice welcome home present, go Blue!!!! :mrgreen:

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

forgot to mention - at this point in his process - there no longer is a don't shoot number - you know you had 200 or 170 or whatever as don't shoot - well no more - there's enough data and info to know that it's definitely safe to shoot.

I think if you want to fatten up this dose, like I showed you (just over the 1 mark), it will be good for him - you may want to start him on a 2, 3 or 4%, then if you're home for +2 give him some 7% to slow the drop and check him at +3. If he's at 50 or below, feed him more 7% and check again in 30 minutes to make sure he's rising and not still falling.

make sense?

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

We pretty much always keep a no-shoot of 150 with PZI. There are some cases where people go outside that, but as far as I know it's pretty much limited to very specific situations that Blue hasn't shown. Not to say it isn't possible, if someone like Chriscleo suggested it's a good idea and explained why & the risks, etc, ok, but personally I would stick with 150 for him. He's not a zoomer & he is a dropper, so to me it doesn't make sense to shoot lower than that. You may have already meant that :D like no need to keep 200 as the no-shoot, but just wanted to chime in with that for clarity, and in case newbies are reading. Or maybe the thinking on PZI has shifted and 150 has gone out the window, but as far as I know that is the standard lowest level to ever shoot PZI.

5. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Hillary's been doing an excellent job with Blue and has been keeping us posted. Maybe she should open a diabetic cat camp? ;-) Facebook would probably be a good place to advertise for such a business. They supposedly know when someone is going to break up [before they do] with their significant other so maybe they know too when someone's cat is going to go diabetic...

Joanna, I also think the lower no shoot numbers also have something to do with the dose. The folks who shoot under 150 also tend to shoot less than 1U. And also the dosing strategy too - if one is comfortable with shooting on some sort of variable or lesser [and sometimes much "lesser"] dose at lower numbers. Anyway, I completely agree with you that 150 without some more advanced skills/expertise is the lowest.

6. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Welcome back! :) *HUGS*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.