Blue numbers at last!!!!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by mouse16, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse16

mouse16 Member

Today Mouse had his first blue numbers since his diagnosis a month ago! And he did not bounce as much as usual. When he went down to 130 at 5+ I panicked and gave him some kitty paste that is quite high carb.

I am SO relieved to see those blue numbers, have been feeling desperate the past few days. Bit worried about tomorrow tho as I can't monitor him mid cycle.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

3. mouse16

mouse16 Member

haha dig that blue dude, Sharon:)

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Yay, keep on Mouse!

mouse16 likes this.
  5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Very nice! I think he'll likely be OK tomorrow.

mouse16 likes this.
  6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

So nice!!!!

7. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

That's fantastic!!! And no need to worry. Those numbers are still quite safe!

Remember that the "take action" numbers in the Stickies (50 human/68 AT2) are before the cat is in any danger. They are the point at which you want to start monitoring closely and giving a snack, but even at that point, you don't necessarily need to start adding in a bunch of carbs (unless they happen quite early in the cycle or there is an overdose of insulin). Usually a snack of regular food will be enough to slow the drop and keep them safe.

It is so great to see some blue on Mouse's spreadsheet! Here's hoping for lots more of those!!! :cool::cool::cool:

8. mouse16

mouse16 Member

I just saw your reply now Djamila, aww thank you for this sound and reassuring advice, its invaluable! I copied another reply of yours on 'Dosing Questions' which answered alot of my own questions, i'm collecting posts in a folder. I wore a blue T shirt today to celebrate his blue numbers :cool::confused::eek:

Djamila, Kris & Teasel and Rachel like this.
  9. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I think most of us have that same folder! It's really helpful to save off links/posts/pictures/etc. so you can find them again when you need them! Plus, that way you can help other people when they have questions!

mouse16 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.