Blues

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Mphair84, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

I'm getting BG readings under 200, which I'm excited about. However, I'm a little confused. Yesterday I got so many blues, and was expecting to get more today, but he ran higher. I did put a little more wet food out because he ate more and I didn't want him not to have any just in case he needed it. I was thinking either the numbers were higher because he snacked more OR maybe it's his body reacting to the blues from yesterday? I'm hoping that tomorrow he will be lower, but I would be able to do another curve till this weekend.

2. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Yesterday's PMPS certainly looks like a bounce from those blues, and bounces can take a few cycles to clear, which would explain the higher yellows today. (I would say that pink at today's +4 is meter variance: it's essentially the same number as the ones on either side of it.)

BTW, it's okay to do a curve testing just every two hours vs. every hour. It'll still give you the shape of the cycle and be easier on you both! :)

Djamila likes this.
  3. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

Thanks! I was thinking the higher numbers were related to the bounce. I was a bit confused as to why his number would get higher.

I was doing it every hour to help get more information, buty poor cat does need a break. I will relax a little, thank you.

So should I assume that he should go back in the blues in a day or so? Or at least I'm hoping he will.

Why do cats run different at night?

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

It's even okay to just get two or three mid-cycle tests. If you look at a lot of our spreadsheets, we test regularly, but not too too much. It's important for both you and Tuffy to get enough information to make good decisions, but t's okay to relax a little and let Tuffy sleep while you go about your day. :):bighug:

As for the difference between am and pm cycles - throughout the day, different hormone levels shift up and down. The body is incredibly complex. So while most cats run lower at night, some run lower during the day - it's all just part of the normal rhythm of life for cats (and humans). If you google "dawn effect" it will describe just one of the hormone shifts that people go through so you can start to get an idea of the factors involved in all of this.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  5. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

I will! We have a routine. He actually jumps on the arm of the couch and waits for his prick & treats every hour! He resrea is an amazing easy going cat.

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

When you have a minute could you update your SS with today's BGs?

Mphair84 likes this.
  7. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

I just did. I was at work so I wasn't able to get any extra numbers.

8. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You could try 2.5 u soon. :)

Mphair84 likes this.
  9. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

Thanks! I was thinking that, but I wasn't sure. I will update when I get home, but I think it was 219 this am.

I'm glad the preshot numbers are getting lower. I'm curious as to what my mid day numbers will be.