BoBo's Update: Hopeful

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chrystelle & BoBo, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystelle & BoBo

Chrystelle & BoBo New Member

Hello all,

Just wanted to share some good news about BoBo

I tested BoBo for Ketones and he is negative (will continue testing)

I’ve still been unsuccessful in hometesting his BG levels (I will continue to try)

However, I did buy the Diastix, and I’ve been able to collect fresh urine from him (when we let him outside, he has a favorite spot in the back yard, so I carefully sneak up behind him and put the strip under him while he’s urinating) I know the Diastix will not give me “real-time” results, for its collected with his urine, but he’s not officially on insulin and this helps to know his glucose levels (since I haven’t been able to hometest his BG)

Results were very close to the 100 mg/dl range… Is that a good range?

BoBo has had no dry food (Halo hasn’t been too happy…because we’ve taken her off the dry food as well, but she is eating and seems to like the canned food)

Our 2nd opinion is tomorrow morning… So hopefully we will know more.

-One a side note: we think BoBo’s UTI is clearing up too (It doesn’t take him forever to pee anymore) and he’s been more active too =)

Chrystelle & BoBo

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Looking good. Keep trying with the blood tests, but tomorrow should be interested.

Be sure to tell this vet about the diet change and the UTI. Do you have the records from the other vet to bring with you?

A good diet is key :)

3. Chrystelle & BoBo

Chrystelle & BoBo New Member

Tuckers mom,

I will certainly tell the new vet about his diet change and the UTI.

I think we are making a good change in vets – back in 2003 we took our first love (Frisky) to this vet, and they took really good care of her; even though her cancer was inoperable. (We had 10 wonderful years with her)

Yes, we got all of his records from the other vet to bring with us. Although they were really impolite about giving us his records (but made my decision to switch vets even easier!)

Thank-you for being here for us,
    Chrystelle & BoBo

4. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

Very good news. Keep trying the hometesting. Don't give up. If you go to the vet, being able to take the "real time" number just before you go and compare to the possible "vet stress" number is quite helpful.

It took my other kitties some time to get used to the wet food. I had to keep some dry out on a table for them, for a while. Calliope had neuropathy, so she couldn't jump at the time to get to it. Eventually, she found it, while in remission, so that was the end of that, but by then, my other kitties were doing pretty well on the wet. Calliope took the wet right away, but she was so hungry, she'd have almost eaten anything when first diagnosed.

Good job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.